Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last time people discussed about this topic was 2011-2013 and some answers were not helpful and off-topic.

On the fuel cap it says 95 octane and I’ve just realised that’s the regular unleaded. Some people online say super unleaded gives them better smoother performance and slightly higher MPG. Others say there is no benefit for a regular unleaded vehicle and that I’d be wasting money.

I understand premium has better additives but what do you guys use?

If it’s not worth it then I’ll switch to regular unleaded as the fuel car says.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ive only ever used regular unleaded in my 2021 Juke, not had a problem so far. All the comments I've seen online about using premium unleaded seems to refer to America where their octane ratings are lower than ours.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I will not put that garbage in my New Nissan, even though it is compatible, I will continue with super. as the problems E10 cause will occur over time, then it's to late, E10 is also hygroscopic
Some materials used in fuel system components are less compatible with ethanol in fuel resulting in loss of structural integrity, swelling and softening of materials some sealants will melt.
Ethanol holds more dissolved water and associated impurities leading to corrosion of metallic components

1 - 3 of 3 Posts