Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me any help re the correct Tyre Pressures when car is loaded with 3 Passengers plus luggage?I contacted Nissan Customer Services who requested me to contact my Dealer who had no idea on the correct pressures
I know what they should be going by the sticker on the door piller, but I need some idea when loaded. My Qashqai had all the information on the door piller plus in the Handbook. The Juke has nither of these.Any help Team

·
Registered
540 Posts
Remy it looks like it doesn't matter. I think the Juke is such a heavy car that is just the way it is. I certainly never bother changing tyre pressures when I carry three people. I think the only time I would do this is if I would be travelling a lot with the other people because it would flatten the tyres.
I would say you would be okay increasing the pressures by another 2 psi all round but, personally I would not bother. I don't think you will see a big difference if your tyres are properly inflated.
Just make sure your spare tyre is properly inflated just in case you need it...
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Dougal,Thanks for your reply, I did Post the following info earlier received from Nissan CS:<table ="tableBorder" align="center" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" style="text-align: left; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-top-color: rgb204, 204, 204; border-right-color: rgb204, 204, 204; border-bottom-color: rgb204, 204, 204; border-left-color: rgb204, 204, 204; : rgb255, 255, 255; width: 958px; table-layout: fixed; "><t><tr ="msgOddTableRow" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; : rgb251, 251, 253; height: 200px; min-height: 200px; "><td valign="top" ="msgLineDevider" style="border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-top-color: rgb225, 227, 236; border-right-color: rgb225, 227, 236; border-bottom-color: rgb225, 227, 236; border-left-color: rgb225, 227, 236; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-top-width: 1px; "><div ="msg" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; width: 809px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; margin-left: 2px; overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: auto; "><table ="tableborder"="" align="center" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" style="text-align: left; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; width: 958px; table-layout: fixed; "><t><tr ="msgoddtablerow"="" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; height: 200px; min-height: 200px; "><td valign="top" ="msglinedevider"="" style="border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-top-width: 1px; "><div ="msg"="" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; width: 809px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; margin-left: 2px; overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: auto; ">Please be advised that the Nissan Juke does not requireincreasedtyre pressure for larger loads and the figures stated on the door pillar are standard for allpayloads.</font>I received the above from Nissan CS after requesting what increased Tyre pressures are required when car is full of passengers & luggage - unlike the Qashqai where the door pillar sticker indicates different tyre pressures for different loads the Juke just has the standard tyre pressures indicated ( nothing in the handbook either).</font>Hope the info is useful Team</font>
</td></tr></t></table></td></tr></t></table>

·
Registered
370 Posts
All this info is in the owner manual

Tire size
Air pressure
Front Rear
205/60R16 92H 230 (2.3, 2.3, 33) 210 (2.1, 2.1, 30)
215/55R17 94V
HR16DE, K9K 230 (2.3, 2.3, 33) 210 (2.1, 2.1, 30)
MR16DDT 250 (2.5, 2.5, 36) 220 (2.2, 2.2, 32)
T135/90R16 102M 420 (4.2, 4.2, 60)
Tire size
Air pressure
Front Rear

215/55R17 94V 250 (2.5, 2.5, 36) 230 (2.3, 2.3, 33)Edited by: rememberdeedog

·
Registered
22 Posts
I called my Nissan dealer ( Marshall Nissan in Cambridge) yesterday to find out what my tyre pressures should be and the guy really didn't have much idea (pretty shocking) but said 32 all round. So is that wrong? Please help in untechnical wording as I don't understand what the above post means. :(

·
Registered
243 Posts
36PSI Front & 32PSI Rear on the Dig-T atleast.
On your drivers door there is a sticker at the bottom of the pillar when you open it.

·
Registered
446 Posts
acrorat said:
It's pretty uninspiring that the Nissan Dealer couldn't open a car door and look

To be fair, they don't necessarily have a particular model to hand and it's something that the customer can look up in the handbook themselves. I would, however, have expected them to know where the sticker was so they could tell a customer where to look.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks. In fact I ended up with a flat this morning and the tyre fitters showed me where to find the sticker which is in the tiniest print ever! I checked the manual yesterday though and under tyre pressures it doesnt actually give the numbers, unless I am missing something else. Marshall Nissan Cambridge have a dreadful service department, unhelpful and unknowledgable. Even the service manager tried to convince me that my Juke should not be serviced before its 3 years old.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Where abouts in Hertfordshire are you? There's a brand new Nissan dealer (Norton Way Nissan)opened up in Letchworth - I'm pretty sure it's part of the same group as the Honda Dealer next door (Norton Way Honda, strangely enough), and my wife has always had fantastic service from them, so might be worth you changing dealerships.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Letchworth is much nearer. Thanks for that, I wont be going back to Marshalls.

Why would Nissan think British owners dont need the values in their manual s too? Daft,Edited by: Jaystar

·
Registered
19 Posts
a lot depends on how heavy the three people are you are carrying if not too heavy a load then normal tyre pressures will suffice its worth checking tyre pressures on a regular basis most alloy wheels are more prone to loss than steel rims i do mine every other week, another factor in is how many miles u cover in a week and road surfaces. the roads in Britain are in a terrible state of affairs
and with so many speed humps and mini round abouts they do suffer

1 - 17 of 17 Posts