Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My partner, being a teacher, is currently not working due to the school holidays and thusly I have had access to her Toyota Yaris for my daily commute.

So on Tuesday & Wednesday this week I took the Yaris in favour of the Juke, and did not use the Juke on the evenings either so went more than 48 hours without even starting her up.

I must admit, the difference in power was the first thing I noticed (ride height is completely different, too), but what amazed me the most was the lack of looks from the other drivers. People see the Yaris as an ordinary car, and it doesn't see the attention unlike the Juke.

Today I had them both parked on the drive and opted for the Juke. What a suprise, it was like driving it for the first time again! The comfort, the power, the feel, everything feltamazing. Only thing I miss about the Yaris is the 60mpg mark which is easily achievable. But I couldn't really care less about that, whilst bombing it down the motorway this morning, with a smile reaching from one end of my face to the other.

My question is, what is the longest you've not driven your Juke? And how did it feel when you got back in?

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
I'm moving from an eleven-year-old Yaris Verso to a Juke (in December, apparently
) and expect to notice the mpg difference the most. I'm getting accustomed to the non-digital gauges in the Loan Micra now, having initially been glancing at the air vents where the Digital Display ought to be
. So far the toys are all working well, but the seats could use a bit of padding, hope the Juke ones will be less rigid.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I'm going on holiday soon and I'm NOT looking forward to be leaving my Juke at the drop off point in front of Manchester Airport to let some spottie little Herbert drive to it's parking spot for 3 weeks!
Edited by: Skyway

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm with Fee on this one. My girlfriend, whom I trust more than anyone, still doesn't get to drive the Juke.

·
Registered
540 Posts
We just handed back our Honda Civic Hybrid, lovely car... We did not drive it for about two weeks after getting loan Note and ohhh... what a difference. Glad I ain't gettin' a Note and hope the Juke turns out to be as comfortable as the Civic. Not sure that it's going to be but, haven't bought it for comfort, need the 4x4 for winter

December??? Acrorat... what's up there then?
I've been without a Juke for six months now and four still to go but, if I get the nod that December is on the cards, Tsunami or not, I'll be telling my dealer where to go.

·
Registered
540 Posts
If I get mine in September I'll come down to yours and let you have a shot... second thoughts, nope!!! It's too far, don't want to stress the poor thing when it is still young. I'll wait a couple of days, er, nope still can't do it. there seems to be a mental block on letting anyone else get their hands on my steering wheel.
It'll be bad enough when the missus gets her hands on it, LOL

She goes like a bat out of **** and before you know it the journeys over...

·
Registered
452 Posts
Nobody, but nobody but ME, gets to drive my Juke when it gets here.I´ll even take a folding chair when it goes in for a service and watch the buggers with folded arms anda beady eye from a good vantage point!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts