Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of giving my Juke it's first polish since purchase this weekend.
I was wondering if anyone has used Turtlewax Ice and has any comments on how good or bad this product is.
I've read some reviews and most seem positive so was thinking of buying some to try.

·
Registered
5 Posts
ICE is good but remember its a polish not a wax,helps give a shine but willnot protect the bodywork,
my recommendation give it a good wash and wax and just use ICE to keep the shine up between waxing

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
check out cleanyourcar.co.uk they sell some great products and offer an excellent service.as zippysmithy says:as good wash and wax ie chemical guys citrus wash and gloss at 6.95a good polish/cleaner i.e. Autoglym Super resin polish at 9.95a good wax Poorboys natty blue paste wax £12.95 (smells like bubblegum)These are your basic tools ,there are other brands out there for you, I can personally recommend these products. I just picked these as they priced similar to turtle wax ice.Be warned you may become addicted to getting your paint work looking awesome!Have fun!
And Please don't use a sponge!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just to clarify ICE is a wax and I have used it on my Juke..the good thing is you can use it all over on the black trim even the tyres.

<DIV style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; TEXT-ALIGN: left; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; : transparent; COLOR: #000000; OVERFLOW: ; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; TEXT-DECORATION: none">Polishing is NOT waxing
Polishing prepares the surface in preparation for sealer and/or wax by removing dirt/oxidation and small blemishes and in some cases, small scratches. Wax is for protection and shine
The process of polishing a car should be described as just that. Like wise applying a wax is called waxing.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Did u also post that on the review? Seems there is a lot of confusion about polishing with a wax.
I tend to agree, if polishing was waxing it would be called waxing!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
chizzie said:
Just to clarify ICE is a wax and I have used it on my Juke..the good thing is you can use it all over on the black trim even the tyres.

<div style="border: medium none; text-align: left; color: rgb0, 0, 0; text-decoration: none;">Polishing is NOT waxing
Polishing prepares the surface in preparation for sealer and/or wax by removing dirt/oxidation and small blemishes and in some cases, small scratches. Wax is for protection and shine
The process of polishing a car should be described as just that. Like wise applying a wax is called waxing.
see you learn something new every day

so for bestr results before I apply my HD wax I need to polish the car first then wax it
going to be a long day when I get round to that

1 - 12 of 12 Posts