Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Not seen any of the usual suspects advertising remaps yet for either engine. A remap would make sense for both engines to improve response (not that its exactly slow) and fuel economy

·
Registered
443 Posts
There be a few re maps about soon enough.bear in mind though if we have to program your ECM we will over right the new map.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Remap? Please explain.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
jayannlay said:
Remap? Please explain.
as simple as possible engine is controlled by ecu the manufacturer doesnt set it for optimum
power and fuel so a remap will give you increased power and in some cases better fuel economy
has to be done by someone with correct equipment costs around £300

·
Registered
154 Posts
remapped my skoda fabia vrs from 130 bhp to 180,vw diesel engines do respond well.Don't think i'd chance a new car just yet,need to make sure any issues ironed out with the model first.
Don't forget insurance companies need to know about any mods to the car,and the increased torque can put a strain on turbo seals and clutch and fly wheel.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Should be easy to tune to 250 with remap de cat decent ehaust and intake possible larger intercooler? i had my old car intercooler re cored and gained 15bhp alone on the intercooler...

·
Registered
443 Posts
The box is a simple power boost. But of course I don't condone there use as its likely to increase harmful emissions .

·
Registered
345 Posts
When its available for the DIGT I will prob do it.
But I hope they can make it work with the I-Con

For example:
eco => normal
normal => faster (like the sport is now)
sport => lunatic speed (like full boost or something)

Hope the can do it by OBD (not an box or chip), so when there is something wrong they can put it back ;)

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I fitted a tuning box to my Navara, as there was a big increase in power and the MPG went up from 26/27 to 29/31 ( I do drive it like I stole it)They are quick and easy to fit (and easy to remove for service time
)Brought mine off ebay very cheap, so if you are thinking about it worth a go.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am seriously thinking about a remap, dont want to cook the DIG T but you soon get used to the standard power pack

·
Registered
796 Posts
proceed with caution. Re-maps can invalidate a warranty.

I had my Roadster re-mapped and in the long run it cause so many problems.

1.The power gain was amazing.
2.The fuel consumption went down.
3.The boost potential on the turbo went up and eventially killed my turbo.
4.Then over a period of about 3 years there started to be an excess pressure build-up in my engine which caused the engine to flip into safe mode. (Cured this problem, but in the long run, my engine finally died at 177,000km.

Im interested in a re-map of course as I live in Germany where the highways are much more exciting, but I will waith until I have done 5000km and then look to see which would be the best tuning.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts