Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I had a trip from M4 j8 all the way to the A12, went across the top of the M25, the car performed really well, 1st time out so late in it. Anyway, the journey back, it was still raining and the country lanes loomed to get back onto the A12, oh my god, are the headlamps pants, my sons Nintendo can give out more light.
So, want to change the headlamps, have read the forum, know I have to get H4, have read the tip about removing spout of the water bottle etc.
Now, I am a bit of a computer person, can strip a PC/MAC in seconds, can build servers, can program and generally electronic devices are not the daughter of the devil to me, but a car is, if someone else can change my oil I would let them, that is how sad I am.....

Are the headlight bulbs that easy to change, have there been pictures posted, I would like to start looking after my cars more but they seem alien to me.
I have checked Halfords site and can get the bulbs today, are they OK as a 1st try etc etc.
Please don't laugh too loud as the headache I have from so much concentration driving last night is killing me, oh those damm lights.
Regards
Felipe

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I plan to hit halfords as well to upgrade the head lights and parking lights (side lights) i just want a good match between them.

Several guys on the forum have gone for Phillips ultra bights or Osram nightbreakers. If u PM snout i think he has a set for sale at half the asking price of halfords :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
is there any law that prevents you using a brighter light any one know ?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
toby said:
is there any law that prevents you using a brighter light any one know ?
not if its legal dodgy HID conversions are a no no but the night vision bulbs are fine

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok so for the 1st time in my life i have worked on a car.
whilst its fiddly I have changed the bulbs and they work, for some reason I didn't have to take the spout off, I had more than enough room to put my hand in and put the bulb in.
So what I did.
1. Remove the electrics from the end of the light bulb.2. Remove the rubber ring round the end, it has a label at the top saying TOP....3. Unclip the clips, one on each side of the bulb.4. Pull the light out but not touching the glass.
Followed the same process to put it back but I did look through the front of the light to make sure I had the right position.
I am so pleased with myself, maybe I can strip down a car and rebuild now......only joking..

·
Registered
1 Posts
<!--if gte mso 9>

Normal

7.8 pt

false
false
false

MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

<!--><!--if gte mso 9>

<!--><!--if gte mso 10>

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-ansi-language:#0400;
mso-fareast-language:#0400;
mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

<!-->

Hi, I found these http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Car-12V-LED-Parking--Clearance-Light-Bulbs-s/62.htm - LED
parking lights</a> on google, can you guys help me to check out would it fit on
my 2010 Nissan Juke? Thanks.

Edited by: TryDriveFaster123

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Juke Main lights are H4 fittings.
Side lights are 501's
Fog lights are H8 bulbs.
These are UK measurements so i think the USA numbers are slightly different.

·
Registered
412 Posts
The lights on "Hachi" are fine, I thought thatthe lights not being exons would be a problem. Better than the exons fitted to our Mazda 3 Sport
Are other members lights set right by the dealer? As I picked up a new car once that did not have the lights set correctly.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I have fitted H4 Osram Nightbreakers to RUBY and they are brilliant, they came with a pair of free 501 blue sidelight bulbs as well. Fitting was quite easy.

New side lights

New headlights

On the road - Dipped

Main Beam

·
Registered
952 Posts
Really hard to tell from camera shots but I have to say the actual range of the dipped beams looks worse than my car although the light is whiter. I have used those "extra light" type bulbs in the past and found them excellent. I don't have an issue with my headlights at all. Maybe they've made a small revision to them or something? The only thing I did notice was when the car was delivered the adjuster was set to as low as possible so I flicked that to the correct position and that made a big difference.
Edited by: John_C

·
Registered
263 Posts
Funny that, boughta pair of OSRAM Night Breaker plus (£12.85) and installed them this afternoon after reading comments on how good they are. You won't know what I think until I actually drive in the dark and it could be some time.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sitting here reading with great interest, previous car had Xenon headlights and would love something brighter for my Juke.

How much would it cost me to pop along to Halfords and buy new headlights and sidelights?

Is it really easy to do? Does anyone know if a 'how to' with pictures exists. Apologies for going over old ground but there appears to be differing information on here.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi FrenchFries,
Many thanks just ordered a pair. Good price eh
I know maybe you can get for £10.00/11.00 but those were sold out
Thanks your help
Happy Juking

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have bought the Osram nightbreakers.
But after two attempts I have stopped trying to install them.
I cannot remove the black cover before reaching the bulbs- does it twist or should I pull?

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
I haven't done mine yet, will let the dealer do that.

Page 8-23 of the GB owner manual has instructions.

Page 8-25 of the USA/Canada owner manual has instructions.

Having compared these two, I think the GB owner manual is more clear.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts