Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Jukesters

Gave mine awax last weekend with that new ICE Wax from Halfords really great finish as you can use it on the trim and it leaves no white residue just a shine.

Whilst I was doing that I noticed the trim that surrounds the rear wheelsat the front of the wheels by the rear door gap is becoming pitted. Its like the trim is too soft to withstand gravel/stones/grit that gets flicked up from the road...anyone else found this?

Not too ugly but if its there after less than 2 weeks what will it be like in 2 years?

Pete
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
659 Posts
If I ever cleaned it I might notice stuff. Better just to drive it and admire from afar.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
never cleaned it OMG do mine at lestonce a week more if i can !!!!! simmo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
329 Posts
Mines the same, but I have to say, any car which has an arch moulding in this area tends to have the same issue.
At least its the plastic thats taking the damage and not the bodywork!!

Andy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,309 Posts
Given all the snow/grit and road salt that I have drive about in recently

I went to have a look at mine.. They look ok...

Will have another look in the morning

Fee x
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
659 Posts
I did get a hand car wash done on it. I don't do car washing. Don't believe in it really. Removes the lacquer, thins the paint.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fee

you should easily see it in daylight, I could also feel it with my hand as it feels rough to the touch

Judged by the replys so far it may not be common because

a) people are not washing their cars like me the sad git I am

b) mine is an isolated incident

Pete
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
329 Posts
Nah mate, believe me, all Jukes will get this.

Its just what happens, Ive had it on almost all my cars. Some cars have a little bit of fablon type plastic on their paintwork on the bottom rear of the back doors. Its just a point on the car where the gravel and sh*te which bounces up from the front wheels and hits the back.

Have a look about, its very very common!

andy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,082 Posts
jayannlay said:
I did get a hand car wash done on it. I don't do car washing. Don't believe in it really. Removes the lacquer, thins the paint.
Are you serious?
The environment & mechanical car washes will damage the lacquer, polish will restore the shine and waxes/sealants will protect it. With modern paint you have to do this even more as it's so poor being water based.
Washing your car is a great way to inspect it, cleaning is inspecting (as the original poster has proved)
Plus with a sexy car like the JUKE you must want to keep it looking its best.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,309 Posts
Well ,given the weather we have had I checked again today and cant see any damage at all. So for the time being all is looking ok....

see ya

Fee x
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
659 Posts
I really do not believe in car washing. It's also a waste of water. In a way I see the dirt as a protective layer. I'm not precious about my car. I love being in it but it is a mechanical workhorse. The Juke is my favourite car in 36 years of owning a vehicle and I've never had trouble with paint finish or bodywork with my approach.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
345 Posts
jayannlay said:
I really do not believe in car washing. It's also a waste of water. In a way I see the dirt as a protective layer. I'm not precious about my car. I love being in it but it is a mechanical workhorse. The Juke is my favourite car in 36 years of owning a vehicle and I've never had trouble with paint finish or bodywork with my approach.
I've you never wash it, you cannot see what the dirt does with the paint ;)

Ahh well whatever people like, some like shinny, some not.
For me I am obsessed with clean cars, and also, I paid over the 25000 euro's, never bought something that expensive, why let is get and stay dirty :D


but back to the topic, after 15000 km you can see allot of lil damage on the plastic trim, also on the paintwork on the side (front doors) from stones

nothing to worry, but I can see it can irritate if you like it all clean and no damage on it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,309 Posts
The only damage I have to any part of my car is a cracking big chunk out of the sidelight caused by grit or a loose stone chip.

I am glad though it didnt affect the paintwork of the bonnet!!!!

Fee x
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
231 Posts
chizzie said:
Hi Jukesters

Gave mine awax last weekend with that new ICE Wax from Halfords really great finish as you can use it on the trim and it leaves no white residue just a shine.

Whilst I was doing that I noticed the trim that surrounds the rear wheelsat the front of the wheels by the rear door gap is becoming pitted. Its like the trim is too soft to withstand gravel/stones/grit that gets flicked up from the road...anyone else found this?

Not too ugly but if its there after less than 2 weeks what will it be like in 2 years?

Pete
Hi
I noticed the same thing after a couple of weeks, 2.5K miles later and I am getting mud guards for front and rear to try and help prevent the stones hitting the trim. It will look awful in 3 years if it keeps on pitting, hope the guards prevent some of the damage?
B&L
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
659 Posts
Lighten up, people!

Mine is having a bl00dy good wash as I write. A FREE wash!



It's raining.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top