Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It would be frustrating if the Juke arrived at the dealer but I couldn't pick up due to paperwork.
On the other hand I don't want to be driving around with a boring 04 plate for weeks.
As I understand it, I deliver forms to local DVLA and wait for them to send new tax disc and MOT certificate. Then I change back to the old plates on my part-ex and notify insurer (hope they don't charge for this).
Then I wait for the part ex's V5 to arrive.
Then the retained plate certificate has to arrive.
Then its all systems go.
I don't mind driving around on a 60 plate, if the retained plate certificate hasn't arrived, but I understand that I will need the V5 certificate in order to part ex.
Anyone done this recently? Any idea how long it takes for the V5 to be sent out by DVLA?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
v5 turn around is quoted as 4 weeks dvla wont listen to chase up inside this time
average turn around is 2 weeks cant see dealer allowing you to p/x car and keep V5 until its changed over dont tax disc and MOT(I THINK)
personally if you want it all systems to go then i would take it off the car and put it on retention
or ask the dealer how they normally deal with its quite common now so they sort it all for you can only ask

·
Registered
112 Posts
I wentto my local DVLA office in Cardiff and my replacement number and tax disc was returned within a week. I am just waiting for my Juke so that I can have my new plates made up and my number back! The cost is £105 which includes the transfer of the number tyo the new vehicle

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
buddylab said:
I wentto my local DVLA office in Cardiff and my replacement number and tax disc was returned within a week. I am just waiting for my Juke so that I can have my new plates made up and my number back! The cost is £105 which includes the transfer of the number tyo the new vehicle
Have you got the V5 back yet? or the retention certificate for the private number plate?

·
Registered
115 Posts
You do have to have the V5 to part-ex.
It took 12 days for the DVLA to turn the paperwork around, dealer sent paperwork to DVLA on 27<SUP>th</SUP> Sept, transfer went through and Juke taxed on 29<SUP>th</SUP> Sept. V5 for part-ex arrived on 7<SUP>th</SUP> Oct picked Juke up on 8<SUP>th</SUP>.
Ordered it on the 12<SUP>th Sept </SUP>car was delivered 28<SUP>th</SUP>.
But if I had to wait longer I would have put the number on retention. The week I had to wait after delivery was a nightmare. My insurance company charge an admin fee of £10 for any change to policy, and the finance company would also have charged £25 for change of reg. What a rip off

·
Registered
24 Posts
Although the time quoted was in weeks I had it all done in a 10 days. The new number for my trade in, retention of my personalised plate all came in more quickly than I expected. All I now need is the Juke - expected 4th November - Metallic grey 1.6 DiG=T Teckna.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm happy to put the private number on retention, but it sounds like I'll have to wait for the V5 to come through for the part ex with the original number plate.
If I can hold off telling the insurance that the number plate has changed on the part-ex, then I'll only have to do one change - from the Honda to the Juke with the same number plate.

·
Registered
115 Posts
silverjuke said:
I'm happy to put the private number on retention, but it sounds like I'll have to wait for the V5 to come through for the part ex with the original number plate.

If I can hold off telling the insurance that the number plate has changed on the part-ex, then I'll only have to do one change - from the Honda to the Juke with the same number plate.
Told by dealer handover could not go through without V5 for part-ex to be taxed. Remember to ask for the new tax disc for the refund on the remaining fees.
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
If you don’t inform your insurance company and the number plate recognition cameras spot you your Honda will show up as not being insured.

·
Registered
443 Posts
The dealer should be able to do this for you.so your juke starts of with the cherished plate.
If you go to the DVLA offices they used to be able to transfer the reg straightaway.they did for my x trail buts thats 5 years ago.oh and you need the plates fitted straightaway.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Strof said:
silverjuke said:

Told by dealer handover could not go through without V5 for part-ex to be taxed. Remember to ask for the new tax disc for the refund on the remaining fees.</font>
</font></font>
If you don’t inform your insurance company and the number plate recognition cameras spot you your Honda will show up as not being insured.</font>
I'll have the insurance certificate to show if necessary.

·
Registered
115 Posts
silverjuke said:
Strof said:
silverjuke said:

Told by dealer handover could not go through without V5 for part-ex to be taxed. Remember to ask for the new tax disc for the refund on the remaining fees.
<O:p></O:p>
If you don’t inform your insurance company and the number plate recognition cameras spot you your Honda will show up as not being insured.

I'll have the insurance certificate to show if necessary.

It may be ok if you have an open policy. I’ve not had one for years, always has my reg on. Had to use the Nissan 7 day insurance because the DVLA will only accept a cover note specific to the new car, they will not accept open policies. For 7 days my reg number was registered to two documents. I was worried in case the police stopped me and had to spend time explaining the situation to them. . The insurance companies were aware of the situation.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Strof said:
It may be ok if you have an open policy. I’ve not had one for years, always has my reg on. Had to use the Nissan 7 day insurance because the DVLA will only accept a cover note specific to the new car, they will not accept open policies. For 7 days my reg number was registered to two documents. I was worried in case the police stopped me and had to spend time explaining the situation to them. . The insurance companies were aware of the situation. </font>
I see what you mean now. I'll have to change the reg to get the private plate onto the Juke, but I'm wondering if I could set that up so that the reg goes to the Juke the day it comes off the Honda. That way they can issue the cover note for the new car with the private plate for the right date at the same time as keeping the honda on the private plate, so they'll never have to insure the Honda on the old plate.

·
Registered
115 Posts
[[/QUOTE]

I see what you mean now. I'll have to change the reg to get the private plate onto the Juke, but I'm wondering if I could set that up so that the reg goes to the Juke the day it comes off the Honda. That way they can issue the cover note for the new car with the private plate for the right date at the same time as keeping the honda on the private plate, so they'll never have to insure the Honda on the old plate.[/QUOTE]
That’s what happens if the dealer handles the transfer use the 7-day free cover for Juke and change your insurance for hand over it’s just the extra wait for the V5 that gets you.

·
Registered
79 Posts
we put our plate on retention and received our original number for the old car so when the white one arrives THIS FRIDAY private plate can go straight on it..took around two weeks with dvla preston well done chaps!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
10 days from application and I'm still waiting for the V5 for the Honda on the old plate and the retention certificate.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Our dealer done all this for us via dvla. They said they could apply to transfer the plate as soon as they got chassis number for new car which was about 10 days before delivery. Drove in with plate on old car and drove Juke away with cherished transfer straight away.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
alkaz said:
Our dealer done all this for us via dvla. They said they could apply to transfer the plate as soon as they got chassis number for new car which was about 10 days before delivery. Drove in with plate on old car and drove Juke away with cherished transfer straight away.
Your lucky.
I'm waiting for the V5 to arrive. Just hope it arrives before the car.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Silverjuke , I was surprised how easy it was in the past other dealers were not very interested and made me go down the retention route and change it myself. Fingers crossed V5 shows up quickly.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts