Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friends Juke has been delayed, so now she has the opportunity of getting an 11 plate. As luck would have it her name has an L in the middle and she found a plate from DVLA that was suitable. On trying to buy it she finds that it has been recently issued to a dealer and has not been registered to a car. Is there any way of tracking which dealers have which plates?
All the DVLA could suggest was waiting til September and if it never got registered it would return to them. Not ideal as she's hoping her juke will be here soon.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
needle in a haystack to find that unless DVLA are willing to tell you which dealer
and can you imagine how much they will want for it

·
Registered
377 Posts
Have you done a google search? Very unlikely, but you never know. Other than that, ditto with deks, needle in a haystack.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks anyway. It would be frustrating if there was a way to find out. At the back of my mind I thought that certain letters went to certain areas, like round here there seem to be a lot of plates with first letter L.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
@silver juke the the first letter is issued at certain locations kent registrations all start with a G
what was the first letter of the plate you were after

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
deks36 said:
@silver juke the the first letter is issued at certain locations kent registrations all start with a G
what was the first letter of the plate you were after
G
frrom Maidstone DVLA office according to that list.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
yes and maidstone is the kent office of the DVLA and all kent registered cars are prefixed with a G except mine as its a personal plate
for the record the G stands for Garden as in Garden of England

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So what do you reckon the chances are of sweet talking the Maidstone office into saying where the plate went?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
None you cant even get them to answer the phone , I do have an interview with them on the 4 of April about trade plate application if I remember I'll ask if they divulge that if they divulge that info but I suspect it comes under data protection

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have just put my plate on retention. It saves all the hassle of the transfer to the new vehicle and the added waiting time before collection, also I wanted to drive for a few months with a new reg.
Good luck in finding your plate.

·
Registered
62 Posts
will be hard ,go round the garages if you are local.....
the number plates go in order aaa aab aac aad etc for the last 3 letters, each garage usually gets about 50 at a time or so, then they have to request more. even if you do find it, im not sure how the garage could give it to you - unless you could talk them into putting it on a demo for you and then selling the plate to you which tbh for a dealer is prob more hassel than its worth sorry to bring the bad news

1 - 13 of 13 Posts