Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone outhere had a post factory detachabel towbar fitted.?
e.g Westfalia ??

I'm a little concerned about the 'cutting' required to the bumper and the location of the electric socket. I'd like it to be concealed when not in use.

I need it for towing my trailer as a roofbox is just too small and too HIGH on the juke !

·
Registered
873 Posts
Yup, I have the Westfalia one fitted (well, the Nissan branded one, but Westfalia make it). There are small cuts in the bumper but you don't notice them really unless you look carefully.

Edited by: Stormrider

·
Registered
69 Posts
i have had 2 quotes so far for fully fitted with 7 pin electrics inc vat
towequip £370
dealer £420

anyone had better?

holdcroft, can you post or PM your current price. I remember someone saying £299 but I guess that is out of date now

·
Registered
873 Posts
Holdcrofts did mine for £299 fitted with 7 pin single electrics, but best to PM John to get the latest price

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies.

Ive hada quote for supply and fitting from Teesside Towbars and trailer company £365.

Supply only: (With electrics kit)
New Westfalia around £230-360
New Witter around £200

I'm considering fitting myself since the towbar bolts to existing holes.

Although not Ive not mentioned 'cutting in to the bumper to the missus yet. Wittal instrcutions say 135mm wide slot approx 35mm deep.

·
Registered
873 Posts
The westfalia instructions are somewhere online as well. It's a good towbar. Some of the Witter ones are 'horizontal detachable' so still visible when removed (don't really see the point in these)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just had mine fitted today. One of the Witter horizontal ones stormrider mentions above.

Well happy, with it. Had it fitted outside work for £340 including single electrics, vat and 10% discount which took about an hour and a half. The mobile fitting was the selling point

Stormrider is correct in that it is still visable but I don't think it is enough to really notice or be an issue. I think the point of these is a legal one because the bar obscures the fog light so you are supposed to remove it when not in use.

The installer didn't make any visable cuts with this one on the bumper and made sure that he laid out the carpet first so that nothing got scratched.

I will try and post some pics later.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts