Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok who has a tow bar on there JUKE ?
If you have what did you think of it .

·
Registered
873 Posts
Yup, I like it. I was going to take a trailer out on the road today and give it a proper test, but the wind made me think better of it :p

As for the towbar itself, it's good. It's a westfalia one (nissan re-branded) and the towing arm comes out diagonally from just to the right of the rear fog light, and the electrics are just to the left of the fog light, and fold away when not in use so you can't see anything of the towbar. A couple of small cuts in the bumper are required which you can see if you are looking, but they are tucked out the way so not noticable really. Comes with a plastic plug which clicks into place in the hole so it doesn't get filled with crap from the road as well.

I have the 1.6 n/a petrol as well and from my tows around the car park at the gliding club, seems to handle a glider trailer perfectly well. I'm now hoping to be testing it properly next week!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've had one fitted. The dealer arranged it with a local fitting company and it's a Westfalia one. As Stormrider says it's a very neat job and when not in use is only visible if you are looking for it. Only use it for my bike carrier though, not towing. I'll take some pictures next time I use it which will probably be next weekend now.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok , we have a removable one at work . I will put it on after work today 12 th feb.:)

·
Registered
93 Posts
How much was the tow bar? I'm looking at having a basic one fitted purely for a tailhook bike carrier !

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Stormrider said:
Holdcrofts fitted the Nissan tow bar + 7 pin electrics for £299 all in
thats a bargain price if you ask me for a dealer fit towbar and even better if its removable

·
Registered
873 Posts
For some weird reason, the max towing weight of the turbo juke is less than the one for the n/a, so watch out!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well didn't like hacking lumps out of my bumper.but its on.I will leave the swan.neck at home as it weighs a ton !

·
Registered
33 Posts
We`ll have one fitted once the car arrives. We have an 850kg caravan to tow. Anyone else planning on a few pikey trips?

·
Registered
873 Posts
I have a 1,200kg glider trailer to tow :p

Although I most likely won't be towing that one very often, if at all, I'll stick to the lighter ones!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
JoE or storm
can I ask you 2 as I dont tow and dont really know all the rules etc but legal weights aside is the Juke really big enough to tow such items. I know its with in weight as I know most responsible tow ers do things properly its just that i consider the Juke a small car and it seems you are both towing things that should be hind a Volvo if you get me
I am not criticising either of you just curious thanks

Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
873 Posts
It's smallish but it's a heavy car (1225kg is the kerb weight of mine now). I've seen much smaller cars tow things before :p

Don't forget that in reality, with passengers, luggage and all the crap I keep in my car, the actual weight will be a lot higher as well. I won't really be towing the 1,200kg 2-seater trailer very often, if at all (only if the situation is desperate) but more likely single seaters which are more in the order of 750kg or so.

I towed one of our single seat trailers around the car park at the airfield last week, and it handled a lot better than a lot of other cars I know. The wheels of the Juke are very close to the back of the car - hardly any overhang - which makes for a stable towing car as well.

Edited by: Stormrider

1 - 19 of 19 Posts