Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After being told some time ago that my Juke Tekna Premium AWD CVT M6was in Spain and the reason for a big delay, was the weather in Sunderland?? I diplomatically explained that as far as I knew, unless policy had changed, my Juke was coming from Oppama in Japan.
Small silence, then I was told maybe the weather was bad on the high seas??

So, confusion reigned. I was promised email contact to keep me in trhe picture, which never happened!!

I decided to visit the dealership to find out what was happening. The lack of email info. was becausethe email address they had for me was not mine?

Then the big below the belt punch, because of an homologation problem all Tekna Premium Jukes were being returned to Japan for alteration and the waiting period is now June/July, 2011.

I was offered my deposit back, I said no, I was offered a manual model, I said no, I was offered the possibility of buying a different Nissan vehicle, I said no!!

I have "goodies" waiting here to be affixed to my Juke!!

It´s going to be a very difficult period for me, because all I have now, is the Forum and the info. and news you guys send. So, keep up the good work, please!

Happy New Year to you all.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Oh Pilgrim - thats rotten news..........

i am so sorry that you have been messed about

I hope though that things get sorted and you dont really have to wait that long!!!!

All the best for 2011

Fee x

·
Registered
379 Posts
That really is not good news and I am sorry for you.It sounds like they are having big problems with the CVT gearboxes and to be honest I dont think I would be wanting one until they are well proved. If I was you I would be opting for the manual gearbox,I have always had auto boxes but this time went manual and I am very happy with it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
hiya pilgrim, im in the same boat as you, should of been getting my tekna the end of jan but now looking at may, hopefully they get all these problems sorted and quick, i even read on the website today that they are not taking anymore orders for the CVT models apart from the 4WD.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jukeofhazard said:
That really is not good news and I am sorry for you.It sounds like they are having big problems with the CVT gearboxes and to be honest I dont think I would be wanting one until they are well proved. If I was you I would be opting for the manual gearbox,I have always had auto boxes but this time went manual and I am very happy with it.

Jukeofhazard, I agree that it would probably be unwise to have the CVT,if that is the homologation problem?
However, I have also read that this current CVT is the finest that Nissan have ever produced!!

I also believe it is fitted to many Nissan vehicles in the States but I would stand corrected on that one.

I have had virtually every kind of gearbox from double declutching to full synchromesh, tosemi auto, to full auto. on both English and American vehicles.

For me, these days, an automatic gearbox is the only way to go. Plus, for my sins, I am an oddball and love anything out of the ordinary, so I shall walk through the valley and fear no evil, that is of course until somebody is able to say, "I told you so!" because it broke down!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
My last car was a BMW320 with auto box wich was very good for when i lived in the city center. Then I moved to the countryside and man, you can´t believe how much I missed manual gears. So when I bought the Juke, it had to be MANUAL or MANUAL, I was about to forget the fun of changing gears ....

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tjrs,
do remember, the Juke also has the M6 sort of manual gear change, so it´s not all bad!

May I ask, your English sounds very, well, English. Are you from Spain?

I see Madrid on your avatar. I am in Santiago de la Ribera, province of Murcia but originally Hammersmith, London.

·
Registered
575 Posts
That's awful. Just a crazy delay. Better you wait though than get a car that'll let you down that you lose faith in I guess. You must have the patience of a saint

1 - 8 of 8 Posts