Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Supposed to be delivered today, to be honest Im not going to hold my breath, what with the weather Im expecting it to be delayed
I just hope its not going to be to long.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Fontie,

Have you got your reg no and your insurance sorted out?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Car was registered by the dealer on Nov 31st he asked I got the free weeks insurance with Aviva, I did say what about insurance when I pick the car up he said dont worry you can use the Nissan 1 week free insurance then. Reading the forum though isnt the Nissan Free insurance done through Aviva ? the way the dealer spoke Nissan insurance was separate.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thanks, Someone is pulling by pud then about my delivery / insurance / registration!

·
Registered
754 Posts
You phone Aviva and give them the dealers code. They then arrange 7 days of cover to start on your delivery day and at the same time they give you a quote for a year's insurance.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just to clarify..your saying the Nissan insurance is done by Aviva and there is no other free insurance the dealers offer ? If this is the case then my dealer has lied to me twice..first about needing to register the car on Nov 30th to beat the VAT increase, and second after asking me to insure the car with Aviva and giving me dealer number and myslef asking about insurance when I picked the car up him saying thats ok you can get the free Nissan insurance.
Edited by: Fontie

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
told you that before if you have used up the 7 day coover to register and tax your car then you wont be able to use it when you collect it

·
Registered
754 Posts
You could get an Aviva covernote to start from the pick up date and that can be used to tax the car. My car was collected on the 7th, the 7 day free cover started on the 7th and the tax disk was dated the 3rd.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dealer just phoned me saying delivery has been delayed and it should be with them in the next few days, he couldnt give me an exact date said he didnt know. I asked him why the car had to be reg'd on 30/11 he said its to beat the VAT and because their admin dept was shut down over Christmas and all cars sheduled for delivery between 8/12 and then had to be reg'd or they wouldnt be done till the new year. Sounds dead fishy to me..but what can I do. He insisted I could take out the 1 week free Nissan insurance when I picked the car up even though I had to take it on the 30th he says I can get it again when I pick the car up..time will tell on that.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
they are lying thru their teeth they wanted it registered by the 30th for their bonus i guarantee that yet still they persist in lying to you if they close over christmas then they should honour the VAT rise as thats down to them besides it days minutes to register it not days I doubt the admin is closed from today until the new year I would wind them up and say i am cancelling as you have lied to me registered my car without it being in your possession let alone mine and I would most defianetly be taking it up with Nissan. I have said this before I cannot believe this course action is legal currently you are responsible for this vehicle if a clone vehicle is running about you are the one in trouble this practise needs to be stopped

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
here's another scenario for anyone who has had the same happen to them currently this car is registered to you so you own a car you dont have and if on finance you are paying for it at the very least you are paying for road tax on a car not in use. Anyway say something unfortunate happens to you vehicle whilst on its way to the dealer and it is no longer a useable car are you prepared to wait another 6 months while they build a replacement by which time the car you get according to the V5 you already have will in fact be in excess of 6 months old. Now i accept this is highly unlikely to happen but it could and you will have real issues around it aswell as YOU are the owner

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ive been caught out by a dealer wheeling and dealing at my expense, like you have said decks its not illegal but is dead dodgy at the least. I did say to him so if I phone your head office in Romford they will conform this will they...he calmly said yes they will, Im even starting to doubt that the delivery had come forward to the 8th it was originaky the 21st then came froward to the 14th then when he phoned saying it was now the 8th and wanted to reg the car. Theres no way of me ever finding out the true delivery date. I could phone up Romford but ive a feeling they will just back the dealer up whatever. I hate being lied to, one things for sure I wont be buying another car from them ever. I could threaten to cancel but as the juke is so popular the dealer would sell it again and not be worried, I'd just be cutting of my nose to spite my face.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
true it would be cutting yours nose off but remember that cars registered so they will have to sell it as used regardless, I would recommend you call Nissan customer service as they will be able to tell you delivery date its one thing to accept early registration by a couple of days if it was due at dealer today and hasn't turned up then they will have an idea of when it will actualy be their unless distribution have specifically said we can't say due to weather etc, I suspect you may be right in the due date scenario but a call to Nissan should answer some of your questions

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Just called the DVLA to ask about this obviously not many details to give them but asked was it right and legal to do they said "cant say its not legal but its not proper making a declaration of ownership falsley can be deemed illegal" by registering the vehicle to you someone has made a declaration of ownership,
on the plus side for you is they said that when you take ownership provided the receipt you get from dealer has actual date on it if you write to them and explain the date you actually got the car on enclsoing the V5 they can amend the records.

So too sum up this practice is not strictly legal and can lead to registered keeper being prosecuted although highly unlikely
to all just remember if the V5 is in your name and the plates get flagged up its you that will get a visit from police not the dealer

Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
754 Posts
Dealers can unregister cars that are registered but not taken up.
Otherwise you could tell a dealer you are paying cash and on collection day say you are paying less money, take it or leave it. If that left a dealer with the only option of selling the car again as a second register owner, they would lose money everytime.

·
Registered
754 Posts
As soon as my dealer claimed the car was in the showroom I told him I was coming down that day to see it! Bit of a risk for the dealer if it hadn't actually arrived.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for that decks, at least I can get the date it was reg'd to me changed, if the car is in my possession next week I probably wont bother, but I will be sure to make sure the dealer gives me something that has the date I took delivery from them on it. Been trying to phone NCS but a google search brings up diferent numbers I tried a 01923 number and they just said they had no up to date info on delivery. What number did you use to contact them ?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
thats the number i use if they have no up date on delivery i would call back and explain the situation and see what they can do it terms of looking at what is going on I dont think the dealer will be honest with you so that is your only port of call sadly

silver are you certain a delaer can un register a car I cant see that myself once V5 has been issued it may be possible if they got it ready and buyer never came thru but not after V5 is with customer surely
Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
754 Posts
Yes definitely. A dealer can go to the local DVLA office and unregister a new car.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
silverjuke said:
Yes definitely. A dealer can go to the local DVLA office and unregister a new car.
i would do that then as i would like to see the dealer skirm out of registering a car before its left the factory after what dvla just told me that would leave them with some serious explanations to do after all what this dealer has done is lie and technically break the law

1 - 20 of 26 Posts