Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

So do you buy your beans in a tin or a can? Is it a North/South thing?

• From the North - Tin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • From the North - Can

• From the South - Tin

• From the South - Can

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An interesting (ok that may be questionable) debate started in idle chit chat about tins and cans...so it got me thinking whether beans are in tins or cans depending upon where you live...let's test the theory...

·
Registered
452 Posts
Come on people!! Can of Coke isUSA lingo, which we have embraced! Remember, most cansfor beer and beverage are aluminum and other foodproduct metalcontainershave a small amount of tin.It was always a tin of beans, or anything in a metal container. I lived as an evacuee, in many places in England, both north and south and it was always called a tin.We are becoming bilingual. Blame Mr. Webster!!As a useless bit of information, millions of Dollars were saved by making the top of beer and beverage cans smaller, consequently making the lids smaller!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
First time I've ever heard anyone refer to beans being in a can, always been a tin as far as I'm concerned but drinks do come in cans

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I have been on this earth for many years and have never, ever heard a CAN of Coke referred to as a tin of COKE.... just wrong...sorry...

Fee x

·
Registered
171 Posts
Clearly a tin of beans, although Midlands isnt on the poll list, and I cant really pick one either way, I'm from derby so you'd struggle to get anywhere much more central.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts