Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently began to notice an engine rattle in my 61 plate Juke Kuro, a mere 5 months out of warranty, only 48k on the clock and a full service history with my Nissan dealership. After reading and scaring myself regarding the mass American juke recall due to timing chain failures I took it to my dealership a fortnight ago. They still have it. And sadly it's the timing chain that needs replacing. Nissan are kindly paying for the replacement parts but I have to cover labour (nearly £1000) and an oil/filter change at around £150. To say I'm disappointed would be an understatement. Has anyone in the UK/Europe heard of this problem this side of the Atlantic??!
Hi
I’m having the exact same issue with my Nissan Juke 2017 model. After 3 months the tracking needing doing, for no apparent reason, I had not banged, kerbed it hit pot holes .... just no more than 6 weeks later the steering issue returned. So I booked it in with Nissan the following day we went into lockdown so was cancelled booked again cancelled again due to COVID 19. Finally the fix the tracking again for no apparent reason .... 3 weeks ago technician did the tracking and was pretty shocked at how bad it was .... fixed the tracking .... it’s now back with them AGAIN for tracking but they have also found that at 28,000 miles just 3 years old it requires a new timing chain as there’s knocking coming from the engine? They will have it for another 2 days. The staff are great but the car is a huge disappointment for me at the moment.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Another here with the same problem. A bill for £3,000 for a new engine. I agreed to the repair because Nissan garage and Nissan Customer service told me that the problem was specifically with my car and not a fault with Jukes generally. When I went to collect the repaired car, the Service managed admitted it's a general problem with Jukes. The new engine is only guaranteed for a year too. I haven’t collected the car or paid for the repair. I am instructing a solicitor. Has anybody else gone the legal route? This is my fourth Nissan. Never again.
If you do go legal route perhaps you could contact me as I'm thinking of going that route, maybe it would be good if we made a group claim. Mine is a 64 plate accents dig-t. Serviced every 12k with only 39k, it's in garage with engine damage due to timing chain failure. Nissan appear to have stopped production of the 1.2l Juke in 2017 so are aware of the problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently began to notice an engine rattle in my 61 plate Juke Kuro, a mere 5 months out of warranty, only 48k on the clock and a full service history with my Nissan dealership. After reading and scaring myself regarding the mass American juke recall due to timing chain failures I took it to my dealership a fortnight ago. They still have it. And sadly it's the timing chain that needs replacing. Nissan are kindly paying for the replacement parts but I have to cover labour (nearly £1000) and an oil/filter change at around £150. To say I'm disappointed would be an understatement. Has anyone in the UK/Europe heard of this problem this side of the Atlantic??!
Hi
Trust you good and well.

I am from south Africa and experiencing the exact problem. My car is now only on 49 000Km and Nissan says it is normal vehicle maintenance. I have a Nissan Juke 2016 1.2 Accenta+ and should have thought they have fixed the problem from the earlier 2011 - 2013 modules. They charge me almost R22 000.00 to fix this stretched timing chain including its affected components. What does one really do in such a situation

Regards
Nigel

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks like there’s a problem with the engine around the 50k mark as my 1.6 turbo timing chain went this year. 3 MONTHS AFTER I BOUGHT THE CAR AND I WAS TOOL IT WAS MY FAULT. So I feel your pain. Cost me £1400 in total, though Nissan wanted £2k, well I laughed in the guys ear hole rather loudly when he coughed up that figure. You see, Nissan have deployed a technology in the engine design that uses the oil level to apply a kind hydraulic pressure to the timing chain tensioner. (There is currently a class action lawsuit taking place in this country so time will tell if there will be a re-call).
The reason for the high cost is there’s no room to get at the cam belt/chain in the engine compartment, so the engine has to be removed, completely. So what was once back in the day perhaps £400 and a couple of hours is now your worst nightmare. You shouldn’t drive it for risk of serious damage to your engine, if you do and that sucker snaps, say hello to a new engine.
So in short, this is a huge issue, it only gets worse so start saving because this is gonna cost you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 64 plate 1.2 Juke petrol with 45,000 miles on the clock. I have owned it for 3 years. It packed in last week and I've been told it is the timing chain and it needs a new engine! I am gutted. I paid £8,500 for it thinking I was buying a car that I would be able to drive for many years... I am still paying my loan for it, I don't have £4,500 for a new engine plus all the other costs that will be involved. I have paid £100 to have it towed to a garage (not a Nissan one) who have informed me it needs a new engine and I have contacted Nissan today to ask WHY ON EARTH WOULD A CAR WITH 45,000 MILES NEED A NEW ENGINE! They said I would need to get it towed to a Nissan garage for them to do the diagnostic test (the garage it is with have had this before and have said that it is a common fault on the Juke). To get it towed again will be another £100. The garage it is at have told me they can look for a second hand engine and the other things it will need like a clutch etc and it will cost me approximately £3,500 (including £500 labour (which would probably be more at the Nissan garage?)). I haven't got the money to cover it as I've lost 2/3rds of my income over the last 12 months due to Covid, so I don;t know what to do... apart from cry! Would you tow it to the Nissan garage in hope that the new engine and parts will be compensated and paid for... or shall I just tell the non-Nissan garage where it currently is, to go ahead and do what is needed? I am absolutely fuming / upset and cannot believe this is allowed to happen! I seriously do not know what to do. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks like there’s a problem with the engine around the 50k mark as my 1.6 turbo timing chain went this year. 3 MONTHS AFTER I BOUGHT THE CAR AND I WAS TOOL IT WAS MY FAULT. So I feel your pain. Cost me £1400 in total, though Nissan wanted £2k, well I laughed in the guys ear hole rather loudly when he coughed up that figure. You see, Nissan have deployed a technology in the engine design that uses the oil level to apply a kind hydraulic pressure to the timing chain tensioner. (There is currently a class action lawsuit taking place in this country so time will tell if there will be a re-call).
The reason for the high cost is there’s no room to get at the cam belt/chain in the engine compartment, so the engine has to be removed, completely. So what was once back in the day perhaps £400 and a couple of hours is now your worst nightmare. You shouldn’t drive it for risk of serious damage to your engine, if you do and that sucker snaps, say hello to a new engine.
So in short, this is a huge issue, it only gets worse so start saving because this is gonna cost you.
Exactly the same issue here. What am I supposed to do? Need the car daily for work so just parking it up really isn't an option.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also have a 2014 1.2 juke with a knackered timmimg chain ! I have a local garage fixing it ,its shocking on a car with 47k on the clock ! Just how widespread is this problem ? Has it been addressed ? Many thanks in advance

·
Registered
1 Posts

Just had to return this due to a timing chain. I bought it for the wife and she never even got to sit in it!

I was contemplating a 2016 1.2 Tekna but after seeing this thread I'll leave it and look for a Note or something else.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just got our Juke back today ,had the timing chain replaced and new oil and gaskets etc bill is £800 .Has shattered my image of Nissan now after this episode ,current mileage is 47k 2014 car !

·
Registered
3 Posts
Saturday 1st of May ,noticed significant oil leak under front off side ,car has been fine and engine rattle gone now this ! to be continued

21 - 33 of 33 Posts