Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently began to notice an engine rattle in my 61 plate Juke Kuro, a mere 5 months out of warranty, only 48k on the clock and a full service history with my Nissan dealership. After reading and scaring myself regarding the mass American juke recall due to timing chain failures I took it to my dealership a fortnight ago. They still have it. And sadly it's the timing chain that needs replacing. Nissan are kindly paying for the replacement parts but I have to cover labour (nearly £1000) and an oil/filter change at around £150. To say I'm disappointed would be an understatement. Has anyone in the UK/Europe heard of this problem this side of the Atlantic??!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link. Makes for mighty depressing reading however. Just how many chains have to go before Nissan UK issue a similar recall to that of their American counterparts...?!

·
Registered
3 Posts
How did you get on getting your juke repaired as this is just happening to mine which is a 2011 dig-t with 50000 miles. Nissan are not prepared to help me as mine was serviced last time at Mercedes. So disappointed

·
Registered
2 Posts
Timing Chain

I've just posted a thread with questions for the exact same problem, I didn't see this before I submitted it. My 65 plate Juke (Sept 15) has just it's timing chain changed 1 week ago for the same issue and has to go back as a new one hasn't fixed the problem at all. I'm sorry to hear you're having to foot some of the bill but I will be using this information when I take the car back in as if it's not fixed this time, it's going back!:eek:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi How did you get on with this? I have a 2011 Nissan Juke and my timing chain has broken. Originally I was told it would need a new engine at £7-8,000 but after deeper investigation the damage is not as bad as initially thought and is just under £3,000. Nissan have offered £580 plus VAT towards the costs.

I just cannot believe that a 5 year old car could fail in such a way. As one of the first Juke's on the road I do question whether my car has the faults that only time will find. I 've read bits about the recall in the US but nothing for the UK.

Like you I am very upset. I have thoroughly enjoyed my Juke but expect a car to last longer than 5 years.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
timing chain

my 2011 petrol Juke has 29K on the clock, and timing chain rattles badly. posts above mention 580 towards the chain, I was told by nissan before that the chain has a life time warranty, is this why they paying this amount?

many thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have a 2016 Nissan Juke dig-t n-connecta 1.2 we gave to have ours replaced, not happy as it's just passed 7000 miles, when replaced will it happen again and is it safe to drive as they cannot fix it until a months time

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2 year old 1.2 dig-t. In and out of service department as it sounds like a tractor! Just my imagination so they said!! Found out last week it's a timing chain issue and now need a new engine!! Anyone else have the same issue? I need to know the downside of this for me? Will it devalue the car any further?? What else should I be looking out for? So annoyed that this has happened! No longer want th car.
Nissan UK Need to recall and sort this issue out!! Selling cars that are not fit for purpose crap is not good!
Have to wait a month for the new engine to arrive in that time what damage am I doing driving the car? Never again will I buy another Nissan Juke! My second one and will now be looking for another make and model!

It would be nice to hear from others who are having the same issues as my jukey...

Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
My Juke is a 66 plate with 5120 miles in the clock and it's been making a noise. Service today, which they couldn't do as they said the timing belt/chain (can't remember what they said) needs replacing, the car is 11 months old! Can't believe it. Thankfully I've got it on a 3 year deal and will change my car every 3 years so covered by warranty. Seems like a regular problem! How long is the warranty on a Juke? Does anyone know? And as long as it's under warranty, does this cover the total cost of the repairs?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just been reading so many articles on the internet where the Juke starts making a noise so timing chain replaced, same chain snaps meaning new engine, then when engine is replaced, timing chain goes again, hope I don't have this problem with mine. Not impressed I need the chain replaced when it's less than a year old, hope that's that when it's replaced and I don't have to keep taking it back! My one saving grace is that it's under warranty I've been told by the dealer for 3 years and I've only had it for 3 years so hopefully covered for the time I have it. Watch this space.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have just joined the club. Mine is a 2011 Dig T with 69,000 miles. Oil started leaking and it has been diagnosed with a loose chain that has worn away the engine casing. I contacted Nissan who have asked me to take to a main dealer to assess. Having read the results obtained from other people, I don't think I'll bother as the paltry compensation offered will result in me paying more for half a job, than a complete repair elsewhere. That's if they accept responsibility.
I too loved my Juke and considered getting another one soon - not now. I'm keeping away from Nissan. I can't believe they haven't done a recall. There's clearly a problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Another here with the same problem. A bill for £3,000 for a new engine. I agreed to the repair because Nissan garage and Nissan Customer service told me that the problem was specifically with my car and not a fault with Jukes generally. When I went to collect the repaired car, the Service managed admitted it's a general problem with Jukes. The new engine is only guaranteed for a year too. I haven’t collected the car or paid for the repair. I am instructing a solicitor. Has anybody else gone the legal route? This is my fourth Nissan. Never again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine too

Hi all,

I have a 16 plate Nissan Juke 1.2 dig-t and my timing belt also went. In January I took it in as oil was leaking and they replaced the rocker cover. I took it back in four weeks ago as oil is still leaking and it is currently having its engine rebuilt due to the timing belt needing to be replaced and causing damage to the engine.

My worry as others have said is when will it happen again, I have been offered money off a new juke as an early trade in but am seriously considering not getting a juke again.

I did asked if it was a known issue but was told it was not, apparently the quashqai 1.2 did get recalled but not the juke.

Thankfully mine is under warranty, it definitely feels like this is a big problem though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
NicNac5696

I have a 2011 Juke DiG-T Tekna with only 60,500 on the clock which has just had the timing chain go too - had it repaired at a local garage after hearing a strange ticking noise from the engine. Have always had my car regularly serviced and am a low mileage user. Repairs cost me £1170 !!!! £475 for the Nissan part & £500 labour + VAT. Have been in touch with Nissan customer care and they don't want to know and offering NO reimbursement or goodwill gesture as I didn't use a Nissan dealership for repairs. Very disappointed with Nissan and very disappointed given the obvious timing chain issues raised on this forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know this is an old thread but thought you might like to know my experience of a Juke in the USA
It was a 2015 model two years old at the time and the local Nissan dealer contacted me to come in for a free timing chain replacement as part of their full recall.
I had had no problems at all but took it in and they did indeed fit a new chain for free. I did not even buy the car from them.
Why Nissan can do this in the USA and not in the UK should be a question UK owners should be asking.

·
Registered
1 Posts
nissan juke timer chain failure dig-t tekna

Iv been awaiting the outcome from my failed timer chain too

any substantial links or statements to suppor my case would be welcome
iv got to replace the engine at £4.5 k and the ombusdman is awaiting more evidence from me

help!!!!

Very distresedd about it all

thankyou for your thoughts

kayla

·
Registered
3 Posts
I too am having the same prob;em a 2012 Tekna Juke again it's going to cost over £1000 mainly for labour has anyone had any success with solicitors regarding this ? My car has only done 37k so really not impressed
Thanks

1 - 20 of 25 Posts