Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2 year old 1.2 dig-t. In and out of service department as it sounds like a tractor! Just my imagination so they said!! Found out last week it's a timing chain issue and now need a new engine!! Anyone else have the same issue? I need to know the downside of this for me? Will it devalue the car any further?? What else should I be looking out for? So annoyed that this has happened! No longer want th car.
Nissan UK Need to recall and sort this issue out!! Selling cars that are not fit for purpose crap is not good!
Have to wait a month for the new engine to arrive in that time what damage am I doing driving the car? Never again will I buy another Nissan Juke! My second one and will now be looking for another make and model!

It would be nice to hear from others who are having the same issues as my jukey...

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rubbish Juke

I am having the same problem. I have a 65 reg model and thought I had a stone in the wheel. Took it in for another minor repair only to be told the timing chain fault was causing the rattle. My car has only done 7100 from new. The warranty department have rejected the claim because I had the service done elsewhere. Can you believe it!!!? I'm stuck with this pile of Sh..e. Wish I had never gone near Nissan.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you get this sorted ? My 66 Juke has also done 7000 miles and I've just noticed a rattle has started so fear it could be the same issue. It's only when accelerating over 2000 rpm and not all the time, but am wondering if this is just a sign of things to come ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Faulty Timing Chain. New Engine

Another here with the same problem. A bill for £3,000 for a new engine. I agreed to the repair because Nissan garage and Nissan Customer service told me that the problem was specifically with my car and not a fault with Jukes generally. When I went to collect the repaired car, the Service managed admitted it's a general problem with Jukes. The new engine is only guaranteed for a year too. I haven’t collected the car or paid for the repair. I am instructing a solicitor. Has anybody else gone the legal route? This is my fourth Nissan. Never again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Another here with the same problem. A bill for £3,000 for a new engine. I agreed to the repair becaause Nissan garage and Nissan customer service told me that the problem was with my car and not a fault with Jukes generally. When I went to collect the repaired car, the Service managed admitted it's a problem My fourth Nissan

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes just posted on another part of the site I am having same issue. Just been told I need a new engine 2.1 engine 2014 done 22000 miles 9 months outside warranty services at Nissan time chain repair on last service. Don’t know yet if they will do the work . Any advice welcome. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is terrible , Just been told today that my Juke 1.2 needs a new engine, car not yet 3yrs old. Sounds like a truck, timing chain issue.
They have said they will have to check with Nissan head office before they will replace . It is still in warranty.
cannot believe I was not told there was an issue with these Jukes before I bought one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2017 Juke 1.2 timing chain, pistons - new engine

Purchased Nissan Juke 1.2 in Mar 2017. Brand new out of showroom. In Oct 2017 car started making rattling noise from engine. Was told it was losing oil but not through any leak. In Nov 2017 had new timing chain fitted. Couple of months ago same noise appeared and again losing oil but again not through any leak. This time a new timing chain and pistons were required. After a delay due to waiting for parts I have now been told it needs a brand new engine. Engine has to come from Japan so a 6 to 8 week wait. I intend to make a complaint to Nissan Uk. I am absolutely fuming that a car of this young age needs a new engine. I consider myself a careful driver, I need a car to travel to and from work 5 days a week and have been a proud Nissan owner for over 20 years. I am now worried that the new engine will develope the same problem. I have lost my faith in Nissan and will probably never buy another Nissan.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same problem is being reported for Nissan Qashqai 1.2 petrol. Also problems with CVT's. Absolute disgrace that this is happening.

·
Registered
3 Posts
They have dropped the 1.2 engine in new Qashqai cars and are now fitting a 1.3. Also they have dropped the CVT and will be fitting new models with a 6 speed dual clutch auto. Wish I had never bought a Nissan if this is what they do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
JUKE TIMING CHAIN AND LOSING OIL , why no warning lights?

I have had my 2015 1.2 DIG-T Acenta Premium 6 mths and have the same problem . What Im curious about is the fact that my car dipstick was showing that i had oil . After the mechanic dropped the oil out their was only about 1ltr ??
More to the point... why didn't my engine management or oil light come one??
its still rattling , is it safe to drive or is it going to blow up any minuet?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought my Wife a 2015 1.2 singing and dancing Dig-T from a main dealer, with just a few thousand miles on the clock. 7 thousand miles later (2 years), the cam chain has gone. Nissan have washed their hands of it, as it has "not been serviced after 12 months". Who services a car after just 3 1/2 thousand miles?. I am now going down the route of finding someone who will do the work for me, and footing the bill myself. Has anyone else out there, got round Nissan's service interval clause (every 12 months / 12,500 miles)
This will be the last Nissan I buy I think. Their penny pinching does them no favours at all.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Steve, there's an obvious fault with that engine design. Threaten them with going to the papers / car magazines / tv's watchdog with your story, and see if there's an ombudsman you can write to. Don't start repairing the engine, leave it as it is. It may take a little while, but definitely worth it. I'd also look for every engine failure you can find on the internet for this engine type, print them out and hand them to the guy you are dealing with. Then ask him what he has to say about it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I am thinking of buying a Juke and have been on a test drive on the 1.6 models .. however seeing these posts have put me off buying the car. Do any of you have any feedback on how Nissan have helped you .. and from my understanding on this post, this issue just seems to be with the DIG-T 1.2 Engines?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nissan Juke 1.2 64 plate

i have a nissan Juke, it has a shocking engine! i have had it a year and it is nearly out of warrenty i have taken it to a garage for diagnostics and it has come up with timing chain fault. he did a bit of research and contacted Nissan direct. YOU SHOULD ALL KNOW THIS WAS SUBJECT TO A RECALL 4 YEARS AGO!!!! MY CAR IS BEING REPAIRED FREE OF CHARGE BY THE NISSAN MAIN DEALER. Please get them to check the recall list with your registration number. i was told my car was not on the list but i insisted they checked again as the garage had manage to find it. they checked on the spreadsheet rather than the government website and there it was!
1 courtesy car, i engine tune and all engine sorted on the 15th October!
Please double check before you do any repairs....

·
Registered
3 Posts
timing chain recalls

I had a 2 yr old juke in the USA and even though it was services by a non-dealer I registered it with a Nissan Dealer who then recalled it and fitted a new timing chain free of charge as part of a National recall.
I have a Juke now in the UK and they offer no such service.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Timing chain

I’ve just had the same issue. Went for another issue mentioned the rattle and new timing chain needed it’s only 2 1/2 years old. Pick it up today went to start it and nothing! So now they are putting a new battery on! What is going on Nissan ?*♀

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I am having the same issue now how did you get on with the solicitor route?

regards

Faulty Timing Chain. New Engine

Another here with the same problem. A bill for £3,000 for a new engine. I agreed to the repair because Nissan garage and Nissan Customer service told me that the problem was specifically with my car and not a fault with Jukes generally. When I went to collect the repaired car, the Service managed admitted it's a general problem with Jukes. The new engine is only guaranteed for a year too. I haven’t collected the car or paid for the repair. I am instructing a solicitor. Has anybody else gone the legal route? This is my fourth Nissan. Never again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 1.2 juke dig 65 plate is currently back in with nissan it ran out of warranty last September i think but has full service history with nissan . It Only recently end of February just had a new timing chain at 35000 miles nissan agreed to cover costs of the timing chain as it souldnt need a new chain . Currently the car is back in the garrage kept loosing power when driving, nissan have said theres a problem with spark plug and cylinder 4 is miss fireing wating for them to do a compression test and they will get back to me. Thes costs so far mentioned are £700 pound just for labour to find the problems, Only now seeing theres been loads of problems like this, how has eveyone else got on? Thanks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts