Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iv'e just looked at the clock and I'm sure it's stopped or gone backwards an hour. Time is going oh so slooowly for me and I have the feeling that September 10th is never going to arrive. I am getting symtoms of Jukamania and am sure that I will have to visit my doctor for some tranqualisers very soon. Ikeep seeingbig red spots before my eyescaused by lookingthrough the Juke Brochure, every few hours. I even got up at3 am yesterday because I couldn't sleep, so made a cup of tea and had another look at the brochure. God! Am I loosing it!
I have even started looking for Jukes already on the road, and spent 2 hours today, sat outsideCosta Coffee on our large local Retail Park, just Juke Spotting. Well I did actually see two white ones, a red one and a silver one! But I havent got to the stage of writing down the registration numbers -Yet!

Nope, it's still twenty to nine, the clockmust have stopped, oh sorry, it's twenty toten, but that was a very long hour. And to think I have 87 days yet to go before I get my lovely red Juke.
I think I am not going to make it, honestly, it's killing me, all this waiting, I will have definately wore out my slippers, before it's time to put on my shoes for the final journey to the dealers to collect myJuke.
Wait a minute! I did order it didn't I! I wasn't dreaming was I, Of course I wasn't, in fact I'm bloody sure I wasn't. I am trying to stay well clear of the Nissan dealership, in case I get the urge to pop in and have another look at the Force Red Demonstrator, that I drove only a few daysago. I got in it several times again after the test drive, just to get that feeling that I would soon be owning one!

I was always under the impression, that when you get to my age, time really does fly, but these past few days, time has for some reason almost come to a stand still. It's like being a kid again, when Christmas seems ages away and you get the feeling that Father Christmas doesen't exist and your parents where telling you a pack of lies.
Blimey, its only quarter to ten, I am sure I have been typing this for at least half an hour. See what I mean, this waiting for my Juke is making me ill, I feel that I might not be in a fit state to drive again by the time September comes.
If the bloody delivery time gets delayed, I will end up with a heart attack! NoI must keep calm, keep taking the Bob Martins or something, try not to think about it. Eh! how can I stop thinking about it. Just a minute, I'm just going to have a quick flick through the brochure again!

Okay, that's better, it still looks as nice as ever, must get another brochure though, as this one is getting a bit tatty looking, mind you it's a good excuse to see the Juke again in the flesh and maybe have a sit in it. No I don't think that would be a good idea, keep calm Geoffrey, it's nearly 10 o' clock, ten minutes less to wait. Tomorrow I can cross off one more day on thecalendar. Yes it is that bad folk's, Ive even got a special Nissan Coundown Calendar, and Nissan pen to match I may add!

Blimey, the wifes looking through the brochure now, Jukekamania really is a disease and it must be contageus. As long as she doesen't start getting out of bed for a cup of tea, I'll be fine, because Iam goingto hide the brochure so she can't find it.

Anyway if anyone can pass on any advice of how to get through the waiting phase, please send your suggestions and help me from going insane. I might need a doctor to come with me when I go to pick it up, as I will be that excited, I might not be able to walk into the showroom without the aid of an injection to calm me down as my legs will be like jelly! Mind you, I could go into the showroom in the wifes mobility scooter! There again, I might need my own mobility scooter by September as this rate. Is it only 10 past ten.Time foranother Bob Martins!!! Wuf Wuf!

Well I thinkyou have got the jist of what it is like to catch Jukeamania when timereally does slow down and you are fed up with your old car, bcause you want your new one NOW!

·
Registered
166 Posts
I know exactly how you feel, i picked my juke up last friday after a 7 month wait, to be honest now that i'm looking back the time did go quite quickly, i managed to pick up a lot of useful info of the forum while i waited.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Yes Geoff_juke it's too late for you now , pills won't work but perhaps you could try talking to someone regarding your problem, ahah , I hear you say , that may just work for me and if it does not, nothing lost.Except your sanity. Do you realise Geoff whilst you've been reading this rubbish that only25 seconds have passed. T

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Two more minutes have passed now!

·
Registered
127 Posts
I cannot sympathize as I waited a mere 6 days for my new Nissan Juke.

Good luck, Geoff.

·
Registered
796 Posts
well its 03.45 here in the Alps and Im wide awake. Its not that my Juke is just over a five week wait away, but more that I will pick up my Roadster tomorrow in Stuttgart.

Concerning my Juke, it was an issue seeing as I ordered it in December. Reading the posts in this forum did not help either. Then I realised something.

I was putting too much emotional energy into the wait when there are more important things to invest in. Then I started practicing at compassion, feeling happy for those lucky people who waited and have had their Juke delivered. I imagine how they feel, the look on their faces. Then, without even thinking of my delivery date, I picture myself driving out of the showroom in Wasserburg in my Gun Metal Grey CVT 4x4. Then Im happy.

Another tip is to cool down the front part of your brain.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
It seems a tad unfair that I have to wait another six months for mine, as I also ordered in December

I'll keep pretending the Loan Micra is really a fledgling Juke (pass the mind-control pills, please).

On the upside, as more Tekna 4x4 get delivered, we'll have a better knowledge of any issues specific to this model, hopefully none.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Geoff_Juke, you Sir, are a fledgeling!!! Although the real Geoff. Duke did sit on a motorcycle I bought, many years ago. That too, was red, hahaha, hehehe (attempt at a strangled hystericallaugh!!)It is now eight months and eight days, since I placed my order for a RED body, red interior, AWD, CVT6Mturbo.Itwill supposedly beready for me mid-August, 2011(further hysterical laugh!!)Keep cleaning the Micra dammit!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts