Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Have our 2016 Nissan juke 1.2 turbocharged few months.
Was looking at remaping ecu from current 115 bhp to 130 bhp to improve overtaking.
Our juke has 25,000 kms on clock so low and mechanic said it's in perfect condition.

Has anyone here remapped there ecu in 1.2 juke and there experience
Cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi pal u can see there were no replies to this comment, did you get anywhere with mapping the car?also do you have an induction kit or upgraded filter? Interested for my own.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got a guy who's well known in motor trade in Ireland to ask Nissan in uk where they make and they said that 1.2 turbo petrol is tested up to 200bhp so they said it can handle it no problem.
I didn't do yet. Only reason I haven't is insurance. When I informed car insurance company here I was told it be considered modified and could raise insurance premium next time for renewal or I could get refusal of insurance in Ireland.
I put in a pipercross air filter. Dont notice much difference. Very slightly better but that it.
I out in performance sparks which made more of difference or should I say my mechanic did.
As far as remaping. It's ok to do as same 1.2 turbo is in few different brands and it can cope and last.
Nissan say it's down how your service and drive your juke .
Only reason I haven't done is vehicle insurance premium going up or refusal here . From what I heard in uk seems less a issue with insurance

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi pal u can see there were no replies to this comment, did you get anywhere with mapping the car?also do you have an induction kit or upgraded filter? Interested for my own.
Reason I went with pipercross is it seems better for juke than kn air filter. The sensor in air intake doesn't like kn I was told . Maybe true ,maybe not . so far 14,000kms on pipercross has been good . I seem to get better mpg on it on motorways but same in city.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Cheers for the information pal its appreciated I love how someone said the engine can handle 200bhp I wonder if anyone has done it before, that would be pretty hilarious to see man! I'm keen on finding out if I can get an induction kit on it and back box then go for the remap.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers for the information pal its appreciated I love how someone said the engine can handle 200bhp I wonder if anyone has done it before, that would be pretty hilarious to see man! I'm keen on finding out if I can get an induction kit on it and back box then go for the remap.
I seen few around over here with back box. I was going to bring it from 116bhp to 135-140bhp just to be safe and it was recommend to me by few who do remaping simply because of the 1.2 turbo being small and get few years out of it.
If I was going to do I go to place that can do dyno run when remaping . My 2 cents

1 - 9 of 9 Posts