Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I test-drove a Juke today (Acenta Premium 1.6 petrol) and really enjoyed it. I did feel, however, that it was a little under-powered. I'd really appreciate some advice on whether an upgrade to the DIG-T is worthwhile, given the extra cost. I didn't try the Sport or Eco settings, just the normal one. What was odd was that the salesman did ask me after if I thought there was sufficient power - maybe to get me to upgrade, or because others had said so.

All advice gladly received. I'm looking forward to owning one of these great little cars, as I'm a bit too old to be struggling in and out of my current one - a Mazda MX-5!

·
Registered
605 Posts
I currently drive a Renaultsport clio and have order a juke dci. I dont think its underpowered - granted it not as quick on take off but then there is a notlot that is. Power is fine test drove up hills etc once it was on the move it did not underperform at all. Lets face it you can only go as fast as the car you are following and the speed limits of the road and the drive I took it on was fairly quiet national speed limitB roadsand it bombed about. Purposely drove it in normal as I am after a change of car mainly for fuel consumption and if the car was boring in normal mode was not interested. Could not take petrol option as will not go down to 5 gears ever again.

·
Registered
309 Posts
don't forget the dci has 6 gears and the standard petrol only has 5...I personally think you will fall for the dig-t if you drive it...The nissan figures for the dig-t are way below what it is capable of (to keep insurance groups down) and it really is a fantastic engine. This brand-new engine is rumoured to be the next renaultsport engine and has been mentioned in conversations about the new green Formula 1 engine!

·
Registered
38 Posts
If you drive the DIG-T you will love it loads of power, slight turbo lag but brilliant, only down side is fuel consumption I am getting 20-25MPG urban in normal mode but it’s still only done 750 miles so hoping it will pick up a bit, but won’t be to bothered if it doesn’t just love the car.
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Everyone

Just joined club today,I must say i agree about sport mode,picked up my force red Tekna 16 petrol,Nov 9th,only ever bought Fords up to that point,last car ST170 but when i started looking to buy new car this year,the wife said fords were looking a bit boring,finally had to agree,test drove the Juke in all modes,and was impressed with it so here we are,I must say when i'm out with the wife its in normal mode,like to keep her happy,but on my own its back to sport mode,just cant keep the boy racer in me down sometimes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi there, in agreement with the others sport mode does make a difference.
What took a bit of getting used to for me (I have had my Accenta with sport pack for just a week) having previously had a Mini cooper was the height of the car which I'm sure you will find an advantage if when changing from your present car.

Good luck!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I find the standard 1.6 suits the car very well, with the minor exception of no 6th gear.

But then I've never driven the turbo. (not sure I'd be too keen on less than 30 mpg mind)

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Has to work for me as I learned to drive across the pond, and on return to GB they tested me in my LHD Jeep and gave me the idiot's licence

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
no not sold out just cant find anyone to make the box thats Nissans problem they had to change supplier and the new one cant make them quickly enough
and if they are made in China....

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks to everyone for your responses - would have replied earlier but either I didn't subscriobe to the thread or the system buggered! Off to have a second test drive today so will try sport mode.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Tried sport mode and i see what you mean - great. Will order on Monday but just arguing over a few points with the dealer.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts