Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife went shopping and returned to her car to find the passenger side doors and rear wheel arch all scratched and dented in. Someone had hit it and just buggered off not leaving any details. Luckily all on CCTV at the Post Office and our local Co-op. Was also 3 witnesses who left names at the Co-op. CCTV shows a woman trying to reverse out very sharply so her front end scrapes along the whole side of the car. She then pulls forward, reverses again at the same angle and repeats the process so not only does she hit it once but twice. She then proceeds to drive away. We have reported it to the police so she is going to get a shock when there’s a knock on the door as she probably thinks she got away with it. Also insurance claim already gone in against her registration so be a race to see who surprises her first with the news, Mr. policeman or Mr. insurance man. Why can’t some people just be honest because now this will probably cost her a fine and points on her licence too, not just an insurance claim. Stupid woman. Just gladshe wasn'tin my Juke.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Who says CCTV is too intrusive, thank God for it I say. Tc

·
Registered
131 Posts
I doubt she will get a fine & points..My car got hit & I tried to report it to the police.They said no crime to report put in a claim to your insurance company.She will probably claim she never knew she hit you.At least you have all her details so you can get your claim in..Good luck & keep us informed..

·
Registered
555 Posts
Stand corrected their my Friend !If the evidence fromCCTVis allowed to be used and / or 3 witnesses , everything is signed and sealed.SHE WILL GET POINTS / FINE !Failing to report an incident is count 1, Leaving the scene is count 2. Driving with undue care and attention is count 3= Automatic points ! and Fine !
have a good day

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cops say its a clear case with the CCTV and bystanders. With all the damage there is no way she can claim she didn't know she hit it especially twice and your right snout, They were the 3 things mentioned. Car going to be picked up Monday by Car Clinic and a Courtesy car being delivered tomorrow from driver assist who are handling the claim off her insurance.

·
Registered
131 Posts
snout said:
Stand corrected their my Friend !If the evidence fromCCTVis allowed to be used and / or 3 witnesses , everything is signed and sealed.SHE WILL GET POINTS / FINE !Failing to report an incident is count 1, Leaving the scene is count 2. Driving with undue care and attention is count 3= Automatic points ! and Fine !
have a good day
I hope you are right and I am wrong..However..you can leave the scene of an accident if no one is hurt..as long as you report the incident to the police within 24 hrs..You are not obliged to give full details unless to a police officer.I agree if she had 2 goes at it, it will be hard to claim she did not know..but she will try it.If no one is hurt the police will not really want to know.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The wife has now got her car back and the insurance courtesy car has gone. They made a good job of the repairs and car looks brand new again. The bill was just short of £2000. The only thing we have heard from police is a letter from the Lincolnshire Police collision investigation team at Boston saying the incident has been assigned to an officer and they will be in touch shortly with their findings.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Can't believe some people think they can get away with that kind of thing! I hope she does get points/fine and her insurance going up as well.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Sue her arse for criminal damage, inconvenience. Go for it. A woman hit me from behind in my roadster while she was on her mobile and totally wrote my roadie off. And she had her daughter in the car in a clild seat. She hit me doing about 90kmh without breaking. I was merciful and did not sue, although everyone was telling me to. Then this woman called me and she said that if she had been thinking in a different way, the accident would not have happened. That is when is decided to sue!

·
Registered
912 Posts
Thank God for CCTV, whithout it more people would get away with things like this. It happened to ouir Zafira twelve months ago, but we were not so lucky and we never found out who did it.
Anyway, glad to hear justice was done on this occasion and that the culprit gets what is coming to her.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Can't believe what I just saw! I was saying good bye to a friend in our car park. Then I saw a guy just open the door of his car onto another. It wold seem that this guy knew that he had damaged the other car because he inspected the car before he drove off. I then went and had a look. Sure enough there was damage. So I put a note on the car with the guy's registration number.

Best bit is, I actually took a picture with my BB.

Don't you despise this behaviour?

·
Registered
796 Posts
Funny thing is that this guy gave me a lecture the other day on why Mercedes and BMW are the best cars in the world. Bearing in mind his car is about 20 years old!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts