Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

The paint of my new Juke question

1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  sally 
#1 ·
Hello all,

Next friday i will pickup my new red Juke. Today i was in a autoshop to buy some good wax. The seller
asked me if it was for a brand new car and if so i better wait for 6 months to wax my car because
the paint has to harden first, with wax you seal it to much.

Is that true? I see a lot of advertisement of "super teflon coatings which protect your car for three years".....they seal your paint aswell.

Please advice.

Edwin

#2 ·
Catweazle said:
Hello all,

Next friday i will pickup my new red Juke. Today i was in a autoshop to buy some good wax. The seller
asked me if it was for a brand new car and if so i better wait for 6 months to wax my car because
the paint has to harden first, with wax you seal it to much.

Edwin
In a word rubbish, the only product I would recommend is thishttp://www.bilthamber.com/autobalm.html

#3 ·
Maurice is right- what a load of rubbish. You should wax your car asap to protect it. If you wish, you can use a sealant first - you can pick up the autoglym lifshine if you want to diy for £30-50 and I'd strongly recommend autoglym HD wax. A couple of members on here have brought the HD wax from holdcrofts and thought it was great - I've been using it for a few years since it came out and for me its one of the best products on the market.

#4 ·
The bodyshop was right with their comment - if they live in a different century!

It was true that in the 60s/70s paint did need to harden over the course of months - the lacquers used were soft and needed to cure over 6 mths.

However, this was sorted by the Germans in the 80s - Mercedes pioneered hard lacquer,even claiming it to be scratch proof after further development!
(yeah right).

http://www.azom.com/news.asp?newsID=917

andyEdited by: andytran

#6 ·
Hi guys I have had a few pms regarding the Autoglym High Deff Wax offer for forum members so i thougt I would repost it .

'A Shining Star' According To AutoEXPRESS. The best wax Autoglym have
ever produced. A carefully balanced complex blend of durable polymers,
carnauba and microcrystalline waxes, combined with selected solid
saturated hydrocarbons and oils. Supplied with Hi Tech Finishing Cloth
and Wax Applicators and of coarse a 750g tub of this magic stuff.

All for just

£24.99 including carrige within the uk

JOhn

#7 ·
Been using Autoglym HD Wax for a while now. It is very impressive and our new Juke was protected after 2 days of delivery! Nothing like spending a few hours polishing to really get to know your car! Still amazed by the complex curves and bulges in the door panels. just hope they never get bumped cos it would be a nightmare to get them looking right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.