Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys The good news is,I just received a call from my Dealer to say that my Juke had arrived at the Dealership,that is only 5days later than quoted,BRILLIANT====I thought,until the Dealer mentioned the bad news,due to the fact that I have a private Registration Number,there appears to be a delay from the DVLA regarding registration, as well as the high volume of March registrations.How long have I to wait,approx another week,and I am going on Holiday this week(I would rather have the car)so I don`t think I will have my new car until the end of the month.
Anybody else had this delay and if so how long did you wait.
A bit down in the dumps guys.

Any decent jokes to cheer me up.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Getting the logbook back after a plate change (put mine on retention) can take up to 4 weeks, but the new tax and MOT cert was only a few days. Hope it's not too long for you (as it were, missus).

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
[A bit down in the dumps guys.

Any decent jokes to cheer me up. [/QUOTE]

The Best Joke out....... DIESEL MPG IN TOWN DRIVING

I'll go now

Fee x

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Skotty1

That is rubbish, my plate took 4 days to exchange from my part x onto my Juke.
It can be done at a local office and you get the tax disc etc

Have you seen the car or is this another reason for delay?

Lj

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
SKotty1,
My juke arrived at the dealers on the 22nd Feb. I saw it on the 24th with the plate on. They had the paperwork for my private reg and I picked the car up on the 1st March. The registration document (Log Book) arrived two days later. There should be no delay. The dealers could register the car before they have it on site as they have all the information they require. With regards the high volume of March registrations, that also should not cause any delays as they register it at your local office.
Anyway, that said, all of this will be forgotten once you have it. They are as good as everybodyon the forumsays they are. Keep

Sorry to have repeated some of what Lady juke wrote. Took me that long to write it.
Edited by: LazyJuke

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
well all I can say on this is my plate was on retention and was gievn to the dealer prior to pick up I picked mine up the day they said no problem plate on car all don and dusted dealer did it from his office no trip anywhere as far as I am aware
If you want the car then tell them you'll sort the plate later and take it with standard reg on

·
Registered
233 Posts
I put my plate on retention ready for my new Juke. I'm going to drive with a new reg on it until the next lot come out then put my reg on it. I was told it would be two extra weeks wait for private reg to go in. My Husband car took just over 2 weeks at end of January, and I'm too impatient to wait.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Lady juke said:
Not good deks, you would then have two owners on the log book

Lj
how on earth do you work that out I have changed my plates about 10 times over the years and never added an owner to it its a reg number not an owner

·
Registered
189 Posts
hi guys, picked up my juke on saturday, went to put my plates on this morning at the local dvla at 09-10 and out by 09-25 all done back home and plates on car for 10-00 o'clock, i think a lot of blagging by salesmen in this department afterall no commission in registration plates after original sale of vehicle so i hope juke owners to be you are not facing to long a delay.

·
Registered
62 Posts
it depends on if the garage you are using has an AFRL system or not - if they do then it can usually be done in house(although not always), if not they need to request a v55 form which takes usually 2 days and some garages ive worked at wont order one untill the car is on site, 1 place i worked at wouldnt order them after a wednesday as it would go over the weekend and depending on how quick the local dvla office was the car could go fully paid while still waiting on the reg comming back so they would wait till the monday...

if you want the car quick - get your retention cert back and take it on an 11 plate, then when your reg doc arrives in the post swap it over yourself or hand it all back to the garage as they will prob be going there anyway. When you have a v5 and a retention its a straight swap there and then.

the salesman wants you to get your car asap so you can give him a good mark if you get a survey in - they are not the hold up!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
oh forgot to say dvla can take upto 10 working days(mon-fri) to process any change and can also request to see the vehicle if they so desire....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts