Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well... I've just spoken to the dealer this morning (after we called them no less) The car's on the premises and is going to be ready for pick-up tomorrow! I would be excited but that's been dampened by one of the worse purchasing experience we've had buying a new car.

First of all, we're not unreasonable customers, we're not demanding the earth, we're not asking for buckets of free stuff etc. We'd just like a new car and for that process to be as smooth as possible.

This brings me to the reasons why we feel the way we do. The first problem: Lack of communication from the dealership. We've had to prompt updates from the dealership and we're not talking about calling every day either or even every week. We've called the dealership some 4 times in the whole 3 month wait.

Facts vs. Fiction, Big point this. When ordering the car we were told the estimated delivery date of 25th of September (the dealership is however contesting that this was ever our delivery date, quoting PDI checks etc). This date was then delayed to the 29th of September, Seeing as the dealership is some 150 miles away we couldn't pick-up the car mid-week so we agreed the date of 2nd October. The dealership told us the reason for the delay was due to issues with the finance and because of this they had to delay ordering the car (lies). Because we had to part-exchange or car before the end of September they agreed to accept the hand-over on the 25th, but that left us without a car for a week (150 miles is a long walk home!). The dealership said that because the delay was our fault there was nothing they could do to help (bear in mind we're spending £16,000 with them). We since arranged a to borrow a car from a friend.

So fast forward to this morning the sales guy admits that the car was actually ordered on the 12th of July contrary to what he said, but get this though he wouldn't admit he lied, he said 'when I told you that reason, that is what I believed to be the case' he then went on to say that all this is all irrelevant because there hasn't been a delay (you can't make this stuff up!).

Broken promises. If you're going to tell somebody that you will do something you really should ensure you do it. We were told on numerous times to expect a call with information and low and behold the phone never rang. The guy also contests to ever promising to call us.

What have I learned from all this? Get EVERYTHING in writing. If you're told something and it's not written down the dealership is able to dismiss it as you have no proof.

So for the dealers who read this, how to keep your customers happy, it seems obvious but:
<ul>[*]Updates! Even if by email, let the customer know what is going on. You can even use it as an up-sell opportunity.

[*]Don't lie and be upfront about delays etc.

[*]Return phone calls.
[/list]Overall we feel that the dealership has been unhelpful and has lied. I know if my dealer reads this they will dismiss all of the points raised and say that we were difficult customers, They will say that they had done everything they could. Generally speaking though, customers don't become unhappy for no reason.

After the call this morning things are on track and they have made the deal a little sweeter however the whole lying thing leaves a sour taste!

*sigh*

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
enjoy the car and forget the dealer, If I am right you have purchased from the dealer in Maidstone and if so what you have experienced doesnt surprise me. I dealt with them back in 96 when they had a different franchise elsewhere in kent, useless and recently tried to deal with them with an issue i had on the Nissan I own and no one ever bothered to get back to me. no customer service

·
Registered
367 Posts
It is awful when you get a rubbish dealership we've had our fair share in the past but so far we can't fault Glyn Hopkins in any way. Hopefully you can find another dealer or are you very limited in choice?
Enjoy your car tomorrow I'm sure you'll love it!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sorry to hear this. I ordered my Acenta Sport on July 24th told delivery 24th September. A couple of weeks before delivery I was told it had gone out by one week and having followed the forum I knew this was not unusual.I then got a call to say no she had arrived with the demo and would be ready for me as planned originally on the 24th. I had just enough time to drive the demo before picking up my car. I had no problems with my dealership except there were no extras thrown in nor was there much movement on price for the trade in vehiclehaving said that when I picked her up there were mats inside.

My husband went on to order a 1.5dci Acenta Sport and his delivery moved out to end of November.We tried asking if we could buy one get one free but that didn't work. Oh, we had an ongoing joke about chocolate muffins and when I picked up my baby I was also given four free large double chocolate muffins which I thought was a nice touch.
I would recommend my dealership although I must admit we did visit one other to try to play them off and the second dealership were not half as user friendly.

Good luck for tomorrow - I hope its not raining. Might see you around!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
HI iamdababe ,thought i had a long trek to collect mine but a 300mile round trip takes some beating.As regards to dealers i ordered my car on 27/8 and was quoted delivery by 25/9 ,it arrived 5days later ,not too bad compared to lot of peope on here. And even though i have like you i have had to phone forinformation, i have found the staff at Holdcrofts to be up front and friendly.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I have spoken to a dealership up north in Aberdeen today who might be able to get a Juke Diesel earlier than 3 November - am in a quandary as I like the dealer I am using just now but the deeler up north will match the price and I get a Juke earler -

again a 300 mile round trip --- oh -- what a dilemma????!!!!

one issue _ I will lose my deposit.... !

Fee x

·
Registered
754 Posts
Weren't all deposits subject to test drive?
There is some legal phrase like "time is of the essence" meaning you want it now and if someone else has it now then your dealer should get it now or give your deposit back.
How big was your deposit?

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
it was £100 and another £100 at delivery..
There was nothing mentioned about being subject to test drive....

I think Nissan would laugh at me for saying theirdelay was unreasonable - I suppose in the giant scheme of things 20 October to 3 November is not that bad.. but pathetic though, when you consider they have known about this for nearly 4/5 months!!!!

Fee x

1 - 8 of 8 Posts