Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like the logical format that Ouched used in his review.

I have not had my Juke a week yet, but I have covered a great distance from Ramsau bei Berchtesgaden to Poringland, Nr Norwich.

HISTORY

Since 2001 I have been living in Germany in the National park of Bavaria. Since then we (my artner and I) have had three Renault Meganes. One petrol and two diesel. Now we have a Qashqi 2.0 dci 150ps Acenta. I also have a Smart Roadster Coupe.

Last year in winter, I had a major accident when I was rammed from the rear in my roadster. The roadster has been rebuilt and is running well.
I then decided that I needed a winter car as my partner was without the Qq if I needed it for work. Saw the Juke and to be honest, I never looked at anything else. Ordered one without hesitation in early December 2010 and took delivery of it last week.

DEALER
My dealer in Nissan Huber in Wasserburg, Bayern, Germany.
I was impressed with the dealer and they mostly kept me informed of delays. The collection (ceremony) was funny. They have a special presentation room where the car is under a White cover which I had to pull off, revealing my Dark Metal Grey Juke. The dealer was busy takinig pictures of mee
Trying not to drool over the car. Then he presented the systems which I knew from this site and reading the the manual.

Pre-ordered a Stillen exhaust (sounds amazing) from the us, and thanks to John at Holdcroft Nissan, a hood diffuser.

Thanks to Nissan Desira in Norwich for sorting out my transit fuse issue.

Finally thanks to Nissan in Halesworth for the supply and fitting of my wind deflectors. Car looks wicked!

LOOKS

I was bowled over by the looks of my juke when I collected him last week, and now with all the bits I've added, he looks AWSOME!
Got that "don't even try messing with me look"!

He looks compact, chunky, muscular, yet athletic and agile. From the side the car reminds me of a spitting cobra, ready to strike. But it also reminds me of the Infinity FX45.

DRIVING

I left Ramsau at midnight on 23rd Aug and started the 1200km drive to Dunkirk ferry port. The drive was great but I kept the car in Eco and not generally allowing the car to rev over 4000rpm. (found this very boring) but it had to be done.

The car drank like crazy but I noticed that the fuel consumption got better and better after the 1000km point as did the responsiveness.

Now the car is a real fire cracker. Yesterday, some boy racer in a White lotus was at the lights, in the wet neck to neck with me. I really wanted to have a go as he was looking, revving and ebbing me on. So 4x4 v was selected and I prepared to do a Smart style sport start expecting to be blown in the weeds. Green light, foot floored, the lotus roared, the juke roared and left the lotus behind. I obviously had the advantage in the wet.

SAT NAV

Perfect. It has exceeded my expectations as a huge TomTom fan. Great poise and speed cameras which to my surprise were pre-installed. Great display and the accuracy is brilliant.

STEREO

Great, not bad but I will add a sub woofer.
The stereo equipment is very good. Seems I have the Bose system.
System works well with my blackberry 9800 but sometimes whilst playing music via bluetooth, the track stops.

DOOR MIRRORS

Sorry guys n gals. Mine are heated and the auto fold works even if I have something plugged into the power socket.

THINGS ID CHANGE

Add adjustable lumber support for the front seats.
The steering wheel controls are horizontal. I'd make them vertical like the QQ
Slightly angle the display towards the driver.
Rear interior lights
More lighting in the boot
Paddle shifts on the steering wheel.

CONCLUSION

love it love it love it love it love it.
Now it's run in, I can't wait to see how he will perform on the Autobahn on Wednesday. (do you want me to report on this)?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Glad you like him, what's his name? As Hiro is one of his 4x4 brothers! ;o)

·
Registered
912 Posts
Just read you r report on your Juke CC, glad you are happy with it and stuck two fingers to the Lotus driver.

I am having wind deflectors fitted. What are these like when driving with the drivers window full open? Do they stop rain coming in if driving with the window part open? Just interested to know.
Just 13 days to getting mine.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Lol -- love it! Hiro says 'Hi' to "the Intercepter!'

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Geoff_Juke said:
Just read you r report on your Juke CC, glad you are happy with it and stuck two fingers to the Lotus driver.

I am having wind deflectors fitted. What are these like when driving with the drivers window full open? Do they stop rain coming in if driving with the window part open? Just interested to know.
Just 13 days to getting mine.
Firstly, very surprised that the Juke was able to seriously dent the ego of the Lotus driver. God did I laugh!

Wind deflectors from the time I have had them, reduce the draughts when the window are partially open. Same for the rain too.

·
Registered
912 Posts
coupecruiser said:
Firstly, very surprised that the Juke was able to seriously dent the ego of the Lotus driver. God did I laugh!

Wind deflectors from the time I have had them, reduce the draughts when the window are partially open. Same for the rain too.
Thank's CC, just as I expected
No excuse now for upsetting the wife's hair, when I have my window open.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts