Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so what is wrong with the chat room,people just seem to go in and go straight out again,no one posts anything or seems to wait for any one else to go in,people on here sem to have lots to say by post but not fa ce to face,whats matter people,speak up,lets make this forum buzz.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Hi Gc , the trouble with the chat room is that it can cut the number of posts on the forum. This could prove detrimental to the forum as most people will log on read any new posts and log out to continue their busy lives. If the number of posts reduces too much then people will not log on so regularly and therefore not make a post themselves for others to then read, could this then be the start of a downward spiral leading to a dead forum ?. Just my opinion. all the best Tc

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
think i follow that tc,my point was,people go in the room but say nothing,make a comment,go back to forum,back to chat,reply to comments,and so on,

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Chaps.... you have to time it right.

TC it has nothing to do with the number of post!
Look back over the last three months and many original members have been leaving the forum..... when deks arranged a meet 20 cars turned up!
This used to be a great place to find info.... in the correct post and take part in the banter if you wanted.

Some poeple have taken this too seriously and in the end are driving the members who contributed the most away.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well said lj,read lots of my posts,the forum should be like the car,funky,off the wall,fun,ect,ect,

·
Registered
144 Posts
LJ - nail on the head there, I can't claim to be a big contributor, but certain personalities put me off contributing more than I do as, from my last car, I'm used to a laid back forum where anything goes and moderation is scarce to none! Posting on here could be like walking on eggshells sometimes!!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Tim84 said:
LJ - nail on the head there, I can't claim to be a big contributor, but certain personalities put me off contributing more than I do as, from my last car, I'm used to a laid back forum where anything goes and moderation is scarce to none! Posting on here could be like walking on eggshells sometimes!!
you are so right

1 - 7 of 7 Posts