Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was confirmed to me on Thursday by Geraldine a Nissan Crossover expertlady at Sunderland that there are some Jukes visiting some dealerships this weekend/next week.

Some of them are doing test-drives

Hasanyone gota test drive booked in one in the next few days?
If so when and where are you having it.
(OK you don't have to tell us where if you don't want)

if you've had a test drive,what did you think.

Yes, I have an ulterior motive for asking these nosey questions:
if there's test drives within 100 miles of me over the next few days
I may just have to ring and try and book one myself!
Edited by: KevInJuke

·
Registered
367 Posts
Let us know what you think Fee nothing for us until around the 17 Sept although hubby is off for a snoop around the garage the week before just to see

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, ArnoldClarkseem to be havinga Juke travelling around their Scottish dealerships three cheers to themfor being ahead of the game.
Really looking forward to seeing what you think feefee.

The Nissan Juke at Arnold Clark Nissan for one day only - 25 Aug 10
On Saturday 27th August, the Nissan Juke will begin its exclusive tour of all the Arnold Clark Nissan dealerships, stopping at the branches for one day only. This sneak preview tour will begin in Dundee, and will complete its tour of Scotland in Dumbarton on Friday 3rd September. The Nissan Juke tour offers customers a sneak preview of the latest addition to the ever expanding Nissan range, ahead of its official launch on Friday 24th September.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There's a Nissan dealer who's been doing test drives in South Lincolnshire yesterday and today. I was onlytold today and they're fully booked up.

I just hope they weren't like the people I heard who'd been out in one for a test, who were
grumbling about the finish inside. I only noticed the silver gear/gaiter trim thing was loose> probably as itsa pre production/pre launch car.Not sure if it was a Turbo or non turbo (Jap or UK made)

It kind of explains why Nissan's crossover expert-lady Geraldine thought on Thursday that these cars weren't really intended for test drives.

I don't suppose there's much she or anyonewould want todo about it,
and it's a chance for some people to get behind the wheel

.... a silver greyish tekna they've borrowed from Nissan - I saw it at Grantham several times today- great tosee peopledriving one.A couple of quick picsas it made a quick dealer pit stop.
One set of people out and anotherset in!

Hope they all realisethat the finish of the Juke they buyWILL be spot-on and OK whether it's UK or Japanese built

edited to add quick pics

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yeah I had a test drive last thursday , in manchester traffic was heavy so didnt get it up to any nice speedvery comfey driving position, 1.6 basic model ,quiet in operation,

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
robbohog said:
Yeah I had a test drive last thursday , in manchester traffic was heavy so didnt get it up to any nice speed
very comfey driving position, 1.6 basic model ,quiet in operation,
I don't suppose you were sad enough to take picture of it, or clever enough to remember it's reg no?

Some of these 'pre-full-production' and 'pre-proper-launch' Jukeswere onlyintended for static displays, or for staff to put miles on them and then they get 'tested' back at HQ.They can have a few minor niggles the final production-cars won't have.
Forum member 'The-Juke' who works for Nissan has one of these pre prod Jukes - his Dad was spotted off Scotland on his hols in it!

BTW, Thursday was when some of us went to the Sunderland factory for the 'official' launch.
None available to test drive as "that's not possible yet" they told us - "no cars available" Haha
We should have gone to manchester afterwards then!

---------------------
URGENT:
Test report received from someone who's had a drive YESTERDAY OR TODAY they mention

" not all electrics worked in their test Juke,
wind noise,
door panel rattles,
gear gaiter/roof lining loose.
...Poor rear visibility."

ALL except that last grumble sounds like it was a pre production car IMO

I've told them NOT to put a video on Youtube and to wait and have a test in a proper Demo Juke in a couple of weeks.

I may ring round tomorrow and see who's got one to test drive OR may TRY and wait a couple of weeks for the car to be fully signed-off and then have a go in a 'proper' demo Juke!

·
Registered
367 Posts
I hope as we only pre-ordered ours last weekend and was told it would be in for around the 23 Sept it doesnt mean it will be a pre production one!!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
no didnt take any pic's cant remember reg, only colour horrid machine brown , my test drive took me over lots of speed bumps and not a single rattle from anywhere.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I had phone call from dealership - test drive put back to 1st September now - mix up with dates.......

Hope this is not a bad omen....................

Fee x

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
alicat said:
I hope as we only pre-ordered ours last weekend and was told it would be in for around the 23 Sept it doesnt mean it will be a pre production one!!!

It'll be fine alicat.

Yours might be one of the ones they've been producing over the last few weeks which is now being held at the Sunderland distribution centre, or it could be one of thecars beingmade right now.

Wewere told byGeraldine the crossover expert lady at Sunderlandon Thursday that theJuke car will be fully 'signed off' and can start to leave the Sunderlanddistribution Centrefrom about 2nd week in Sept. There again she didn't seem to really know what was really going on re test-drives. No wonder she wasa bit concernedabout doingour questions and answers session!

feefeeglasgow said:
I had phone call from dealership - test drive put back to 1st September now - mix up with dates.......
Hope this is not a bad omen....................
Fee x
I'm sure they're not supergluing it back together, Maybe it's at a different Arnorld Clark branch tomorrow - wethink they are sharing a car betweenbranches up there. Poor car has been doing demos daily since about the 27th, it must be getting tired now.

Fee:prod and lightly pullthe silver ring at the bottom of the leather gear-gaiter, see if it is clipped in or just comes loose - if it's loose, tellthe salesmanyou want a discount! (In reality it is supposed to bea characteristic oncars which are pre-production/early production, and should be fine on the finished product. It might get you a few quid off though!

edited to add pictureEdited by: KevInJuke

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Cheers Kevin - will do....

Will be waiting at the dealers door first thing tomorrow....

Anyone got anything else they want me to check during my test drive??

Fee x

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1.What's its engine size (of course),
2.What size of the wheels does it have on(16 or 17inch)

3.What its reg.number or better still its chassis number/engine numberhe car and was it a good one!

I don't want one of the earliest made pre-production Jukes which did static launches a while back and which it has been said 'will be scrapped or crushed and willNOT enter the market,
HOWEVERsome of the more recent made onescould be fine, and might end up for sale. I would consider buying one of those as long as its full fitted together OK and the right price.

It would be usefultoALLearly buyers of Jukesto knowwhen the car went through it's different 'stages' from early pre-production to the final fully finished product. I'm not sure if it is engine number, or chassis number or what which identifies to a buyer whentheir carwas manufactured.

FORWARD PLANNING:
If in a few months time, if weDOget ownerscoming on with grumbles about rattles/noise/elecs not working properly and things we knowhappen with some 'early' Juke cars then we can show that Nissan were aware of the problems right at the start, and of course that could be useful to owners who want Nissan to repair or replace their vehicle andrectify their probems.

Have a great time Fee

----
I will avoid the one I saw at Grantham doing demos at the weekend.
O* 10 HDF

After talking to people who'd been out in it, the car seemed to have a few issues.
although the trim round the gear gaiter base is nothing a bit of adhesive wouldn't solve IMO, and road noise
probably only needs a bit of extra sound proofing to door/floor - not a major job.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
i know only too well about early production issues - I bought a Mark III Renault Megane on its launch and ended up with the following problems

Faulty clips to fuel lines
Faulty Air box resonator
Faulty Diesel Return pipe - major recall
Faulty dashboard - wasn't fiitted correctly
Faulty rear view mirror - kept falling off
and majorly at 6 weeks old - needed a new wiring loom for the auto lights.

So bad in fact - I wrote to the CEO of Renault in France Carlos Ghosn and got a replacement Megane which I subsequently traded in for my 3rd Qashqai..

We can always expect teething problems in a new model but more than one or two minor niggles is simply not acceptable.... As I have said before only time will tell how the Jukes production line has been affected by the sheer volume of orders.

Kevin - will bear in mind the list of things and let you know tomorrown evening

Fee x

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just had my test drive there at Nissan in Royston Road. It's not bad to drive although there was a mechanical clunking coming from it however still ran fine. Guy was saying " your's won't do that", I'd be hoping not lol!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm not sure these will be teething problems on the new cars we actually get to buy.
I reckon they will be fine.

I think it's just a case of demos being done in 'early' pre prod cars which were not fully finished off,
and not really intended for test driving by joe public!
Nissan really don't seem to have a clue what's going on in the real world at times. We know that from other info received from Nissan Customer Services!

The official line still isthere are NO test drives taking place at the moment inJukes in the UK.

--------------
Official reply received

<DIV ="GBThreadMessageRow__">Official test drives will be available at dealers from September 13th, subject to car availability.
<DIV ="GBThreadMessageRow__">--------------
<DIV ="GBThreadMessageRow__">and an off-the-record comment from a PR person elsewhere, asking
<DIV ="GBThreadMessageRow__">"Why do clients make it difficult for themselves sometimes?"

<DIV ="GBThreadMessageRow__">
<DIV ="GBThreadMessageRow__">...enjoy yourself Fee.

·
Registered
84 Posts
lol , yeah the guy said it was a pre-prod car. Yeah Nissan seems to lack parity with regards to what is going on with it and the branches product knowledge seems a bit poor. Today two guys ( not the salesman i dealt with initially) still said I can get pearl white and another said no it's only available on the 4wd. I pointed the other two in the direction of brochure !

·
Registered
84 Posts
The demo model at Glasgow today.

Not the best colour scheme!

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm hopefully test driving one at Benfield in Carlisle tomorrow evening (2nd Sept). No need to book, just turn up and have a run out apparently.

1 - 20 of 139 Posts