Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer: Beadles Nissan, Maidstone.

We happened to be paring the the Nissan garage on the way home Sunday and thought why not pop in and see if we can get to test drive the Juke a week early.

Our luck was in and off we went on a solo test drive! Our thoughts below, going to start with the negatives to end on the positives ;)

Bad Points:
1) Notchy gear change
2) Cabin felt smaller than our Mazda 2
3) Suspension 'crashes' over bumps, which was a little surprising. on our test drive route was a train crossing and for the type of car it feels a little stiff, I expected it to glide over bumps etc. I would put the suspension on par with my new MINI (Cooper-S) suspension in terms of harshness. This might be a combination of the big wheels as well tho.
4) Little thing but, button for dashboard computer (live mpg/miles to empty, odometer etc) is awkward to press when moving as it's next to the reset odometer right in the middle of the instrument cluster
5) Didn't get on with the cloth seats, the centre bit looks like it'll wear quickly and the shoulders felt really coarse, glad to be getting the leather!

Good points:

1) Finally got to drive one! ;) Love the look even more in the flesh
2) The car as a whole felt very solid, doors closed with a 'thunk', everything felt well put together
3) The engine was nice and smooth and provided enough power to lug the Juke around. It felt quite a bit quicker than our current 1.3. We are used to driving small engines though!
4) The Nissan Connect system was flawless, sat nav was intuitive to use and got us back to the dealership ;) The reverse camera is very neat, you'll need to get used to the angle as it's got a wide angle 180 degree lens, will take a few tries to get accustomed to it. We used it like another mirror, I'd advise NOT using it solely! :)
5) Instrument computer has outside temp! didn't think it had this ;)
6) I-CON computer, this is so awesome! I love gadgets and loved the g- meter thing, we got it up to +2 bars when braking :D. It cleans up the centre console so its not a MASS of buttons and then you have that lovely sleek centre console, the one we test drove had the gunmetal interior which was nice and plain, we're looking forward to the red tho! :)
7) You can see the headlights from the interior (or at least I can @ 6ft 2") means you know how long the bonnet is.
8) Loved it in the black colour, it felt understated and yet different at the same time. I thought the dark colour would hide all the shapes of the Juke but the light reflects off the shoulders nicely highlighting them.

So we're keeping our pre-order and we're excited as ever for the 2nd of october! If I'm honest, I can see why some people have cancelled their pre-order after test driving one, but then I remind my self that this isn't an expensive executive car so we will learn to live with its faults! :)

So on to some pics :)

Just across the road these are waiting... If you want to test drive the JUKE & MINI back to back, can't think of a better place.

·
Registered
575 Posts
You drove the same car as me last week by the sound of it!
I wasn't overly impressed with the gear change, but put this down to it being a 5 speed, where I'm used to 6.
I did the same route as you over the level crossing in Aylesford and didn't find it "crashy" at all. In fact I was surprised how soft it is given people's comments. The missus had a cooper s cabriolet until 2 months ago and it was nowhere near as harsh. I'd liken it to my Scirocco in "normal" mode, certainly not as harsh as "sport."

·
Registered
754 Posts
Thanks for the update.
Relieved that you can see the headlights, I drive a Honda Jazz at the moment with no bonnet to speak of so I was a little nervous of such a big bonnet.
Always wanted an outside temp, so I'm pleased about that.
Glad you like the reversing camera, I had the chance of taking a cancellation that didn't have a r.c. Glad I decided to wait.

·
Registered
231 Posts
It is surprising how 'dull' the Mini's are next to the Juke
- Is it me or does the Mini on the right actually look sad!! (maybe its because it knows its ugly)

Edited by: Bo & Luke Juke

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
chris78 said:
You drove the same car as me last week by the sound of
it!
I wasn't overly impressed with the gear change, but put this down
to it being a 5 speed, where I'm used to 6.
I did the same route as you over the level crossing in Aylesford
and didn't find it "crashy" at all. In fact I was surprised how soft it
is given people's comments. The missus had a cooper s cabriolet until 2
months ago and it was nowhere near as harsh. I'd liken it to my Scirocco
in "normal" mode, certainly not as harsh as "sport."
Weird to know that two strangers have driven the same car ;) lol.

Guess we both have different expectations of the suspension, my MINI was some 6 years ago so I might be remembering it with rose tinted glasses!... also the fact I had just jumped out of a Audi A8 from a 200mile drive from paris might be clouding my judgement... either way still happy with the car and keeping our pre-order! :)

silverjuke said:
Thanks for the update.
Relieved
that you can see the headlights, I drive a Honda Jazz at the moment with
no bonnet to speak of so I was a little nervous of such a big bonnet.
Always
wanted an outside temp, so I'm pleased about that.
Glad
you like the reversing camera, I had the chance of taking a
cancellation that didn't have a r.c. Glad I decided to wait.
I thought it novel being able to see the headlights ;) - Also we've wanted an outside temp since loosing the function 3 years ago when we changed cars... Never again! Hope the wait isn't too painful for you ;)

Bo & Luke Juke said:
It is surprising how 'dull' the Mini's are next to the Juke
- Is it me or does the Mini on the right actually look sad!! (maybe its because it knows its ugly)
Think it's the dark grill, we looked around the MINI and we just thought if we got the countryman it'd never be a MINI and we wouldn't be happy with it, too many compromises. Also whilst I like the idea of having a 2+2 (i.e. no middle seat) I think practicality would dictate that you 5 seats.

·
Registered
129 Posts
iamdabe said:
Little thing but, button for dashboard computer (live mpg/miles to empty, odometer etc) is awkward to press when moving as it's next to the reset odometer right in the middle of the instrument cluster
If it's anything like my Micra, there should also be a button on the steering wheel that cycles through the various readouts each time it's pushed and resets the display to zero if held. There doesn't seem to be one in this picture but does anyone know specifically what the silver controls are for on the left and right of the wheel?

·
Registered
367 Posts
I think the one on the left is for operating bluetooth etc and the one on the right is cruise control.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alicat, you're right its for the Nissan Connect/Bluetooth Phone. There's definitely no button on the wheel that cycles the computer ;) Shame really, guessing we'll stick the computer on the temp as that's usually the most useful info, the I-CON unit show's the MPG so not really an issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts