Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having bored and/or annoyed you yesterday with my niggle over adjusting the headlights, I ask your indulgence as I move on to something possibly even more trivial and self-evident. BUT to quote the owner's manual:

"Heating:This mode is used to direct heated air to the foot outlets.

"Ventilation:This mode directs outside air to the side and center ventilators.

"Bi-level heating: This mode directs cool air from the side and
center vents and warm air from the foot outlets."

And each description above is accompanied bythe appropriate climate setting graphic wherein air is shown directed to the top vents, lower vents or both simultaneously.

Granted that we Yanks aren't overly bright (as evidenced by the results of yesterday's election) but does this mean that heated air cannot be delivered through the side and center vents? Or that cool outside air cannot be delivered to the foot outlets? If so, I find it very odd that any outlet --side, center or foot-- can't deliver any temperature or air source the driver chooses. Although I have owned a Juke for several weeks, experimentation with various vent/temperature/fan speed combinations has so farbeen inconclusive. Any comments/guidance/or bizarre interpretations of the above would be appreciated. Thank you for humoring an old Luddite.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
i am going to pick my husband up from airport so will investigate. That does sound strange although in my excitement didn't notice today

Fee x

·
Registered
873 Posts
I think it may well be different in the US because I don't remember that bit in the manual... could be wrong though. I can certainly get heated air from all my vents in any case.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stormrider wrote:
Ithink it may well be different in the US because I don't remember that bit in the manual... could be wrong though. I can certainly get heated air from all my vents in any case.

The manual I quoted is from the UK PDF version although the US printed version usesidentical language about the heating and ventilation controls.

·
Registered
873 Posts
ah ok, well i definitely get heated air from all my vents in any case. No idea about the foot ones.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
i picked my hubby up tonight and the vents at the top of the dash facing the side windows only blew out slightly tepid air all the other vents blew out exceptionally warm air (put temp to 30)

Tried all the buttons but couldn't get the hot air to blow from these vents.

Will have to have a look again in daylight.

Fee x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts