Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to open this topic again but, I had to ask the dealer today for reassurance as my wife and I have decided to buy the Juke Tekna 4WD/CVT.
We will most likely be ordering soon after New Year (yes I know there is a VAT hike).

I asked the dealer straight today and he said there are no heated mirrors on any Juke except for the top of the range Tekna.

Sorry Maurice to go against your earlier post about the different models and whether they have heated mirrors or not. That was back in September I noted so maybe there has been a bit of a stink at Nissan about the lack of heat on mirrors and they have upgraded the mirrors since then.

So if they are available on the Tekna then you might think that there are parts available for modding all models but, again it would mean that all cars would have to have the physical ability to take the wiring through into the mirror.

I am an electronics technician (well Instrument Mechanic to be strict) and I know that some mirror bodies might not be the same as on the Tekna (don't ask me why not, you would think it cheaper for production to be all the same). With this in mind it might not be physically possible to mod the mirror without some difficulty.

It is worth asking your dealer though or perhaps your local auto-electricians if they could modify the mirrors.
For me the lack of heated mirrors could actually put me off buying the car. I need the mirros for reversing into the drive and if they are misted, what good are they?

Hope this post helps some peeps with their thoughts of modding their mirrors.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I dont mean to be rude but just because a salesman says they are fitted doesn't mean its fact
as has been widely established in the past, some salesmen will say anything to get a sale even read one post about their saleman telling them the radio was DAB when it isn't, anyhow maybe Nissan have changed the spec only time will tell and whats on yours when it arrives but my current understanding is heated mirrors are not available and infact are not fitted to any Juke model

·
Registered
754 Posts
If you order in January, you will probably get delivery in August. At which time your mirrors will be hot.
You could use the reversing camera to reverse into your garage.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Juke does not have heated mirrors in any model, the salesman is either lying to you or he has made a mistake. None of our 3 demos have them, Acenta, Acenta premium and a Tekna.

If Nissan change any specs on the cars they let the dealers know via the internal intranet, and there have been no bulletins about any spec change.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the comments guys. I must interrogate the salesman I have been dealing with tomorrow. I was talking to his colleague today who might not be as honest as our original salesman has been.

Watch this space.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Canadian Juke owners seem to be convinced that THEIRS are heated. Hmmm.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Juke-of-earl

Huh??? what is a cold pack. A bag of ice for all the headaches I have thinking about our prospective Juke?

·
Registered
659 Posts
The mirrors on my Tekna haven't ever iced up. Perhaps because they fold in? I have had no trouble at all.

·
Registered
202 Posts
jayannlay said:
The mirrors on my Tekna haven't ever iced up. Perhaps because they fold in? I have had no trouble at all.
Same here, I have had no problems and can say I have not really missed the heated morrors.

·
Registered
26 Posts
AGLImages said:
jayannlay said:
Same here, I have had no problems and can say I have not really missed the heated morrors.
Also the same here, this morning the car was covered with about the thickest frost i've ever seen but the folded mirrors where perfectly clear

·
Registered
33 Posts
My mirrors are frosted up and they havnt cleared all day. As someone said, LHD cars can add various options we cant, cold pack, sunroof etc etc

·
Registered
329 Posts
Dougal said:
Thanks for the comments guys. I must interrogate the salesman I have been dealing with tomorrow. I was talking to his colleague today who might not be as honest as our original salesman has been.

Watch this space.
From your location, I assume you are buying from evans Halshaw in aberdeen?

I bought mine there. They are not at all knowledgeable about the cars, I would trust the members on here before Id trust them!

Andy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts