Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having been on this forum for a few weeks now I have seen very few members who have ordered the Tekna Auto option.
Have I missed something?
To me the Force Red Tekna 1.6 Auto ticked all the boxes, I know its a personal thing but It really did. In fact this will be my FIRST new car. I am 56 years old and this car has got me drooling like a teenager.

How many of you are waiting for a Tekna Auto?
When did you order it?
And the big one - When is it promised to arrive??? Mine is now back to Dec 12th from end October.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi 12inch I ordered my Force red Tekna Auto on the 29th Aug and was told deliver to dealer 21sept collect on 24thsept (today) but then told end of nov than back to first date but still not got the car and cant get a delivery date out of Nissan customer services @ sunderland ,

·
Registered
452 Posts
I don´t think you are missing anything 12InchMick. I intend to order the top of the range Tekna auto, if I ever get to see a Juke, to test drive??
I am waiting for the phone to ring, to let me know I can go to the dealers!!

·
Registered
754 Posts
I'm waiting for the Accent premium auto. Delivery also slipped from soonish to 14th December.
Can't remember what the Tekna offers over and above the Accent premium but I must have decided to save the price difference.
PS I was offered a cancelled order for the Accent sport but turned it down for the premium. The Accent sport was allegedly going to be in the showroom next week, don't know whether that will materialise.

·
Registered
129 Posts
silverjuke,
In addition to Acenta Premium spec, Tekna comes with leather upholstery, heated front seats, Intelligent Key, engine start button, auto lights/wipers and electric folding mirrors.
Apart from the mirrors, I've got that lot on my current Micra Tekna and having become accustomed to it, there was no way I was going to compromise with my Juke!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Mick,
I have also ordered the 1.6l Tekna CVT/Auto. There is not much mention of this one, people either mention the 4WD Tekna auto or the other Accenta Premium auto, or the non autos. Ordered the Accenta Premium last Sunday, but there was not that much info out there to read (no catalogues available at 2 showrooms). After ordering saw the Tekna spec online and the leather heated seats, auto lights & wipers etc and thought as this is my first new car and I am spending so much why not go the full hog, except the very top 4WD and get everything I could possibly want! Upgraded the order on Monday, but since then saw a few things that made me paranoid like no mention of heated seats on much of the Tekna blurb - this only shows on the model interior comparison on the Nissan site, but not when you produce an online quote doing a Tekna spec. I've fully questioned everything with my garage and Nissan directly this week and the spec should be exactly what I wanted. Just waiting for a date now! Love the car, all my family love it and we are all excited! Had been planning to change my 11 year old car for ages, but was going for something around £7,500 - when I saw this nothing else I looked at would do, had initially ruled it out after seeing only the top spec 4WD pricing for an auto.

·
Registered
129 Posts
1stnewcar said:
...no mention of heated seats on much of the Tekna blurb...
It's definitely got the heated seats, the Tekna I sat in at the dealer launch had a pair of buttons at the back of the console.
Like this.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Well having the chance to get some quality drive time in an auto the past 2 days I have to say, I'm pretty impressed. It's so easy to just get in and drive, point wheel, squirt throttle and off you go. Don't know why I've stayed in manuals for so long!

Only thing is NO WAY can I change my order now, which I don't mind too much ;)

Still you guys are gonna be happy with the CVT I bet!

·
Registered
754 Posts
chris_42 said:
silverjuke,
In addition to Acenta Premium spec, Tekna comes with leather upholstery, heated front seats, Intelligent Key, engine start button, auto lights/wipers and electric folding mirrors.
Apart from the mirrors, I've got that lot on my current Micra Tekna and having become accustomed to it, there was no way I was going to compromise with my Juke!
That explains it. I hate heated seats and don't really like leather, so must have decided that the rest wasn't worth the extra money. That said if a cancelled order means waiting time is reduced I may decide to go for it.
Its the Nissan connect and reversing camera I want.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Having just had my test drive I will wait as long as it takes to get the Juke - sheer driving pleasure.....
Tested the 1.6 Acenta with premium pack. Loved it.
And the best thing of all..................... ?????/

I GET ALL THAT AND MORE. YIPPEEEEEE

Picture of the reversing camera in action below. Full test review to follow on the appropriate thread.

·
Registered
6 Posts
after 1 week delay, I finally drove off with my Juke Tekna 1.6 CVT on Saturday 2nd October. It is great and although I had a bigger engine car before I am impressed with the performance. Worth the wait ;)

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
A CVT!!! you must be the first person on here to pickup the Auto;)

Congratulations, a few people here might be a *tad* jealous ;)

·
Registered
575 Posts
Now thats an understatement!
Well done on getting the forum's first CVT. How's the gearbox? I didn't get an auto as it was a CVT so be interested to hear your thoughts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well done
still waiting mine was told on thursday 7th Oct dealer rang today now the 12th oct could this be the 12th of Never lets see

·
Registered
754 Posts
I'm relieved that Nissan have managed to get a CVT on the road.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I ordered my Tekna 1.6 CVT in Arctic White a few days ago Del approx 13th July, I drove one at the dealers. I was so impressed I bought one.What are your thoughts on it guys?

·
Registered
452 Posts
I´ve had my Tekna Premium since last September, still committed ´til death do us part!!Now it´s cafefully "run-in", I give it some welly in Sport mode, plus AWD vectoringand it´s like somebody hit me in the back of the head with a headrest!! It helps to be in a straight line to do this, otherwise you can easily experience a bit of bottom twitching!!Had the engineoil and filter changed at 1,500km. Now, the world is my oyster!!Baltimore James, you will love every minute of your new Juke, mark my words!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts