Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Evening,

65 plate 1.5dci 42k miles Juke

Ive got a right pain in the head with this one,the car is in limp mode and has the orange engine,traction control light and the auto light flashing.

I have tried the bike cable and brake cleaner down the exhaust pressure sensor pipe trick,and its cleaned out.

I cleared the fault codes and ran it ok for some 40 miles,as soon as i turn it off and back on again,the lights are back and its back in limp mode.

Ive ordered a new sensor,but don't hold much hope of this curing the problem.

Has anyone had the same faults and managed to solve them....any help really appreciated.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Why not take the car to a Nissan Dealer?
OK it may cost you but at least you will have a car that works.

We have a friend with a Juke who is reluctant to have several flashing warning signs rectified at the Dealership, even after his independant garage advised him to do so.After looking at one, it was obvious that it needed a service, spanner and 0 on service trip.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice

I obd2 ported it and found P1201,02,03,04, injector fault,and glowplug fault.

I have put a tester on the plugs and they are well within spec 0.7ohms with the power supply disconnected and absolute continuiety when removed,i changed the relay as a matter of cause.

These codes are historical and are not causing the car to go into limp mode.

I also retrieved P0380,which cleared and has not reappered.

My car battery was only sitting at 11.8v,its 5 years old and has had some use as a stop/start battery over that time.

The alternator is working fine as im getting a healthy 14.7v when running.I have ordered a new 70ah 720cca battery as ive been told that the negitive lead has a battery condition monitor and will throw the car into limp mode if it detects less than 12.8v.

Will report back soon.......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts