Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm due to pick up my juke Wednesday, we are waiting for the log book to come back with our private plate on from dvla

We are trading a car in against the juke, which currently has the same reg plate, am I right in thinking I can redeem the tax disk and get a refund on the months not yet applied?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys thought I could - money towards boot liner I suppose ?

Thanks , better in my pocket than dealers

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
for the record dealers can no longer cash the tax in the only person whop can cash the tax in is the registered keeper

·
Registered
233 Posts
Thanks for that info. I will find the forms and complete ready for sending off.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm confused here, when I traded the juke in he said he needed the tax disk as he needed it for the car, has he told me a pack of lies???

Really want to know before he rings me again

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Not true, you can claim back for any months not used.
He is just going to let it go with the car.

I had £160 of tax still on my Merc and rather than bother with the paperwork did a deal with the dealer.... The have been putting petrol in my Juke every couple of weeks.....got my last one from them on Friday.

Lj Edited by: Lady juke

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well the dealer told me it had to stay with the car even when I mentioned claiming it back ?

I also have to take the log book down for the qq as a new one has a new reg number ad was on private plate

It all doesn't make sense to me this,

If he's pulling a fast one then I'm not going to be impressed as he's left few msgs on my answer machine demanding I go down asap with one part of the jack

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
to transfer a reg the DVLA will require the tax disc back for the vehicle and replace it with the re reg
which is probably why the dealer wants it as DVLA will not swap cherished plates and re register a car that isnt taxed. Why not go and ask the dealer to explain and put you side to them it might just be a simple mis understanding
Fact now Only the registered keeper can claim a refund on road tax if dealer wants it on the car then its to aid its sale its of no monetry value to them

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
deks36 said:
to transfer a reg the DVLA will require the tax disc back for the vehicle and replace it with the re reg  which is probably why the dealer wants it as DVLA will not swap cherished plates and re register a car that isnt taxed. Why not go and ask the dealer to explain and put you side  to them it might just be a simple mis understanding Fact now   Only the registered keeper can claim a refund on road tax   if dealer wants it on the car then its to aid its sale its of no monetry value to them

My dealer took a photo copy of my tax disc so they could do the plate exchange

Lj

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah he took a copy of the tax disk in feb, I have the new log book here for the qq

So it doesn't make sense

1 - 17 of 17 Posts