Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it seems at that speed I have a odd noise coming from under the car under the front passengers seat. It sounds like a seat belt knocking against the plastic but outside the car. It only happens at speeds of 70 and above. My brother said it sounded like leather rubbing but I'm wondering if something is loose underneath the car that's is moving or flapping with the wind created at those speeds. Any ideas?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
meaga-byte said:
Well it seems at that speed I have a odd noise coming from under the car under the front passengers seat. It sounds like a seat belt knocking against the plastic but outside the car. It only happens at speeds of 70 and above. My brother said it sounded like leather rubbing but I'm wondering if something is loose underneath the car that's is moving or flapping with the wind created at those speeds. Any ideas?
yep slow down

get out and take a look to see if anything is loose that could flap
have you modified anything to loosen any part of trim etc

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Get Robert DeNiro to hang under the car like he did in cape fear then he could report back to you?
Have a look and see if its anything obvious

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
actually I know what it is his mum has put a secret recording device under it to catch him out picking up stray blondes

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
har har har people lol
70 is the speed limit. it gets worse at 80 :D
haven't modified anything yet
and have had a look under the car. can see all sorts but nothing jumps out at me. The under carage seems to be coated in thick black goo tho. Like thick sticky grease. I can see the heat shielding for the exhaust but without getting the car up on a ramp or lift its hard to get a decent look. Think i need to take it back to the dealer for them to have a look.
I cant hear it when driving slowly or going over rough road but i guess that does not mean its not there. only seems to happen on the motor way hence i think its something moving due to wind deflection :(Edited by: meaga-byte

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
edit :DEdited by: meaga-byte

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
oh for crying out loud.
Bugger this has stressed me out.
Hate it when new things break or dont work properly

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Teething problems, take a deep breath, chill, could even be an animal hibernating. It will be sorted, take it in, get your money's worth out of the dealer, thatis what they are there for

Xx

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Best to get it checked out by the garage.
The sticky stuff is waxoyl (or similar) protection.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Have you looked under the bonet just to make sure nothing is obviously loose there as sound can travel through to sound elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
*takes deep breath*
I have already snapped at the Mrs

Its just time and effort going to the dealers
and once they dont find anything im going to have to
take a grease monkey on a test drive lol
I guess nothing is perfect and as Kats has said its
probs just teething problems

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Rocks703 said:
Have you looked under the bonet just to make sure nothing is obviously loose there as sound can travel through to sound elsewhere.
Ill have a look but took my brother on a long drive and he was clambering all over the place trying to find the noise.
He said it was something from under the seat but nothing inside the car would be effected by speed im sure

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Never snap at the Mrs, it will cost you more in the long run, you now have to buy her a a large present to say sorry.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts