Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Since ordering my Juke, ive read a lot of reviews (papers, mags & internet) about the Juke, many of these mention the Suspension and how drivers may find it stiff on (British) roads.

Could anyone that is lucky enough to have thier Juke and have done a bit of driving, please comment on this.

Many Thanks

·
Registered
142 Posts
if its a DIG-T none of us have them yet *sniff*
if not, it seemed OK to me on a reasonable test drive, I know they are softer than the turbo.

·
Registered
873 Posts
It is a bit stiffer than some cars, have to slow down a bit more for speed bumps etc, but nothing too bad really.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Depends what you're used to. I found it really smooth to be honest and my test route included some average roads and a level crossing, but then again I've got a Leon and had a Scirocco before and the missus had a mini cooper s.........

·
Registered
455 Posts
The ride on the Juke I tried was too harsh for me. I'm hoping a base model Visia with smaller (16inch)
wheels might be a bit more comfortable and less stiff/jittery on bumpy roads.
I havent been able to find a Juke Visia to try out yet, but I am looking. If anyone has tried a Visia I'd be interested to know ifthe ride isdifferent/better.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It is all relative to what you are used to driving. We swapped out of a 207 GTD which had very low profile tyres and hard suspension. The best test is the speed bumps in our estate. Without a doubt, the Duke goes over them far more smoothly than the Peugeot ever did. On the road, I find the Juke perfectly OK. It's an Acenta Sport.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Had my Acenta Premier since Tuesday. I find the ride better than my QashQai, without the "Bump-Thump." Even with the "Normal" setting on the Dynamic Control System it seems smooth and corners like it's on rails - compared to the QQ - which was pretty good anyway

·
Registered
329 Posts
Coming from an Auris SR180, I find my Jook Super Smooth.
I think it rides the bumps very well and is remarkably grippy for a tall (long struts) car!!

Andy

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ellington said:
Had my Acenta Premier since Tuesday. I find the ride better than my QashQai, without the "Bump-Thump." Even with the "Normal" setting on the Dynamic Control System it seems smooth and corners like it's on rails - compared to the QQ - which was pretty good anyway
I'm pretty sure the Dynamic Control System does not alter the suspension settings in any way. As far as I know, it changes the throttle, steering and (on the CVT auto) the gearing.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I find quite a few of the reviews comment about the Jukes hard ride.! - Well I would say it isnt really a hard ride at all, 'IF' it had softer suspension the complaint would be there's too much body roll whilst cornering, - you cant win!!!!

Its a great car, which is a joy to drive. It is set up to be great on country lanes, A roads and motorways.
Once you get your Juke, you will love it

·
Registered
115 Posts
I’m with you Bo & Luke Juke
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Harder ride than my Focus with sport pack. Was quick to get used to. So after 3 weeks just great to drive.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ive driven mine 700 Miles in just over a week and have had no problems with the suspension. I was driving a 1.4 Golf before which wasnt the best but Juke seems fine. All depends on driving style and speed as well. Everyone will have their own views on it and its whatever your preference is.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I test drove a petrol Acenta and it was fairly hard ride. I'm not buying mine for the suspension and I suspect I won't find it good for me as I favour soft, billowy suspension. But I love the look. That's what sold it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I had a Yaris before on a 53 plate and if you read reviews of that car most say that the suspension is very stiff. I would say that the suspension on the Juke is a lot softer than my Yaris. Yes you do notice the bumps but it's no where near as harsh a ride.

But like others have said it's what you are used to. I am more than happy with it

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Thornton
Youre absolutely right about the dynamics not adjusting the suspension, butfirm suspension allows the steering to "tighten" up the car, hence my comment about the "normal" position and going round corners. With car as tall as the Juke, I really wouldn't want a "wallowy" ride.Edited by: Ellington

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ellington said:
Hi Thornton
Youre absolutely right about the dynamics not adjusting the suspension, butfirm suspension allows the steering to "tighten" up the car, hence my comment about the "normal" position and going round corners. With car as tall as the Juke, I really wouldn't want a "wallowy" ride.
Completely agree. I hate wallowy cars. I haven't had chance to 'push' our Juke yet, but even going slowly, you can feel the direct steering and the fact that there is not too much load on the outside wheel during cornering, due to the firm suspension.

So far, it feels like a great compromise between handling and ride quality, especially for a tall-ish car.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey guys,
I've had my Juke for 6 days now and love the car to pieces but the only thing I would change is the suspension. I find it really hard and think it is going to take some getting used to. To be fair, I used to drive a 10-year-old Scenic so it is probably a case of going from one extreme to another.
I don't really get technical stuff: is there a reason the suspension is so hard? I don't really understand why its beneficial to feel all the bumps in the road and would much prefer it to be softer. But, having said that, it is a small price to pay for driving such a lovely car.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Part exchanged ourMicra for our Juke Acenta Premium 1.5 which is much moe comfortable.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Has anybody changed the damping struts on their juke?
I had a new MX5 before the juke, a drivers car with brilliant suspension, even made speed bumps feel like soft pillows, but in the corners was solid and precise, I am thinking what if I changed to a more expensive set up, would it give me a less jiggly ride?
But I don't want to spend on gear that will make no difference.
Anyone ??

1 - 20 of 21 Posts