Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone, fitted a nice amp and sub today and thought i would share a quick how to guide. first was the main power cable from the battery to the boot, 7 screws to remove the glove box and right in front of you is a large grommet, i used a very small drill bit to make a hole and forced the cable through so i stretched around the cable for a nice water tight seal, and just to be extra sure a little black sealant.

Then was the remote wire, nice and easy. just pull the plug off the back of the 12v power outlet (easy with no glove box) and connect to the live wire. this will switch on and off with the ignition.

I then fitted a high level (speaker) to low level (rca) converter, just remove the panel on the post where the seat belt comes out and find the large white connector that goes into the rear door, there is no need to remove the rear door cards. You will find 2 wire curled together, this is your rear speaker wires, just tap off and run to the boot.

fit your amp somewhere under the floor with the converter and your almost done, i have a nice jbl mono block running an 8" bazooka tube, and i must say it sounds great. its a must if you love your music and is easy to do.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thanks for the write up, didn't occur to me to tap into anything other than the head unit ignition live for the remote wire, so you've saved me effort there! Also great to know where there's easy access to some speaker wires for the high-level to tap in to... might be fitting my amp(s) sooner than I thought now as will be a quicker job

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Nice Guide.Any chance of some Photos?

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Glad you guys have found somewhere suitable for your technical blingy mumbo jumbo mods discussions

All that technical malarkey has me confused...

I'll get back to thetechnophobes sections now and give you peace!!!!

Fee x

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Dont know if i like the idea of tapping current cables. What connectors were on the back of the head unit?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Cable tap should be fine for a high level input - same difference as running it from the ISO loom on the headunit IMO as you are not drawing any large kind of current

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sorry guys i did'nt take any pics when i was doing it, i will try a get a couple showing where cables come out etc when it stops raining

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you have the Bose system the amplifier is under the drivers seat, now i have been searching for ages to find the correct pinout diagram for this amplifier, but i bet all the speaker wires come from this point. If so, there may even be sub output pins but are just unused, if not this could possibly be a better place to tap into the wires maybe? At least its worth looking into?

I'm going to continue to try find the pinout diagram for this amp, but If anyone knows this or has a diagram for this exact amp then please share with me, taaa.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts