Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well i have purchased the Urban kit and spent most of today fitting it, it comes with all the parts necessary to fit and picture instructions. According to the picture this requires removal of the bumpers to do,something i wasn't keen on doing, so i did it without removing them, the rear was easy enough to do as its mostly stuck in place except for to nuts and bolts the front however is an absolute nightmare the top part of the plate is screwed to bumperwith 5 screws but it is virtually impossible to screw in with out removal of bumper, i have managed to do it but wouldn't want to do it again then their are the 4 screwing nuts and bolts these are an absolute nightmare to get in and bolt up which has to be done on the car as the hold it all on.
to some up if you are going to get the styling plates get them fitted by dealer if you are competant person you should be ok but be prepared for some hassle

Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
here are pics of styling plates and wind deflectors

pics of car will be on twinkle twinkle thread in gallery

·
Registered
272 Posts
hi deks,can i ask did you fit the winddeflectors yourself if so how easy/hard was it.cheers. simmo.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wind deflectors piece of cake they just stick on with self adhesive strip already on deflector
you nneed to put on 2 clips to each one. pull down window rubber slot clips in then peel off backing the push fit to door 15 mins max

·
Registered
272 Posts
thanks deks36,mite getin touch with john then. simmo.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Like the styling plates. Getting a red Juke as well and had that in mind already so thats mind made up. Can't say I like the wind deflectors though. Have you got those because of motorway noise, deks?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
chose deflectors as I like the look of them and I hope it will prevent the ear pounding i get when someone opens a window in the car when driving along

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi deks

Can you let us know how much difference the wind deflectors make please. I drive round with the back window down regularly, will it cut down the noise?

Thank you

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will let you know what i think but it will be hard to say if their is a difference as I fitted them the morning after i picked the car up and it only had 16 miles on the clock then and no one else had been in it to open windows

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Never mind the styling plates. Don't do anything for me. I'd rather have your number plates,Deks36. Love them,even though they are illegal. By inserting those screws to change the 6 to a G you have now joined what's called the CHAV PLATE club. Is that a fluffy dice I see dangling from your rear view mirror?What next, burning rubber(and I don't mean on the back seat) in your local Tesco's car park after closing time?.lol

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
cant please all the people all the time, btw furry dice or any other item hanging from your view is an MOT failure thought I would mention it while you were on the subject of legality. I actually hadnt considered that screwing my number plate on would be deemed as illegal but i guess maybe i should have taken more care of where i put the screws,
also if you have the cash i would happily sell you the plate as i have another ready to put on

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Thanks for the offer,if your serious,Deks, but I've never been one for personalised plates.Never owned a car worth putting them on,to be honest.Your's are my personal favourite,though.Hope you're not really going to swap them.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
no not really it took us a while to find one semi funny that we both agreed on, although if it was a seriously outrageous offer then I would, go to dvla website and have a play their are lots to make up and some are reasonable money got my eye on two 11 plates Monday that i want, just to sell on as i cant afford two new cars in March to put them on

Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
JUKEOFYORK said:
Thanks for the offer,if your serious,Deks, but I've never been one for personalised plates.Never owned a car worth putting them on,to be honest.Your's are my personal favourite,though.Hope you're not really going to swap them.

Try this one.............
Still available for £399

1 - 20 of 20 Posts