Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a look at a comparison site for whole of life running costs and CAP - the industry guide for Used Prices is predicting for the model i ordered the Dig_T Tenka will have a 38% retained value after 40,000 miles and 5 years and 51% for 60,000 miles and 3 years....that is very strong and the only car close to that is the Mini.... so worth the wait i hope

·
Registered
754 Posts
Given that there is no 3 year old Juke in existence its all crystal ball gazing.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Exactly. I've said this in another topic but most reviews of the Juke that I have seen usually list the bad points as high emissions and low average MPG for it's class and price range.

So in three years time when petrol will probablyhave risen quite considerably and no doubt road tax will increase do you see people paying 2nd hand mini prices for something with muchhigher running costs?

However, I would LOVE my car to be worth that much in three years time

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The cap guide is uses for the manufacturer pcp values and lease return values for company car users IRS normally pretty accurate. Id the pcp value is lower Nissan will lose out big time

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry *&^%$& IPhone auto correction.... the point is all manufacturers have to have a realistic future value for lease and finance packages such as personal contract purchase, if the guaranteed minimum value is lower than estimated the shortfall is down to the finance company, i remember when Vauxhall introduced this idea and they got it mighty wrong with the last of the cavaliers, vauxhall lost hundreds of thousands of pounds in the shortfall they had to pay up....

·
Registered
72 Posts
Plan on keeping mine a long time, residual value doesn't really come into it for me, reliability does !

·
Registered
575 Posts
Given that dealers now use CAP prices for trade ins, I think you'll find it'll be remarkably accurate

·
Registered
754 Posts
chris78 said:
Given that dealers now use CAP prices for trade ins, I think you'll find it'll be remarkably accurate
How many people are trading in Jukes?

·
Registered
575 Posts
It's not that they're trading them in now, silver, its that they will be in 3 years and you can bet that CAP will be giving these prices for trade in in 3 years time

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you look here on www.honda.co.uk and go to comparison on the car site you can get the estimated whole of life cost, makes interesting reading.... the information is provided by CAP and not Honda, its a tool i often use to sell Honda's with the residuals and depreciation being the highest cost compared to other vehicles

1 - 11 of 11 Posts