Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

strange slight vibration - Help

76K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  MrsB 
#1 ·
Hello, I own a cdi 1.5 Tekna.
I noticed (heard) a strange slight vibration of the instrument panel when the motor is slightly above 1000 rpm. is almost imperceptible, but very annoying for a new car.

Is this normal? happened to some of you.

Thanks.

Merry Christmas.

#4 ·
Tangipepot said:
Hello, I own a cdi 1.5 Tekna.
I noticed (heard) a strange slight vibration of the instrument panel when the motor is slightly above 1000 rpm. is almost imperceptible, but very annoying for a new car.

Is this normal? happened to some of you.

Thanks.

Merry Christmas.
Ignore the petrol heads!!!! - They only just got out for the day!!!

I have a rattle as well but have only noticed it when its exceptionally cold outside!!!- seems to me like the cheap plastic dash rattles until its heated up sufficiently...

dont know if thats what you're experiencing?

Fee xEdited by: feefeeglasgow

#5 ·
hiii

hello dear,
first of all thank you for your support: D. ....

feefeeglasgow, I refer to that ... I've just been in the dealership and they told me that and 'normal for a new car ...

The vibration sensing and 'slight, but annoying for my character ... I'm a perfectionist ...

cmq a check next week .... will keep you 'informed.

#7 ·
feefeeglasgow said:
I dont blame you - rattles and squeaks in a car can be EXCEPTIONALLY distracting and annoying.

I have found the rattle from the rear parcel shelf is loud . My son who sits in the back is driven to distraction by it

Fee x
For those member of the forum not familiar with Scotland, Distraction is a small village south of Glasgow.
For you Fee........

12ionch

#8 ·
I hope it is only normal that my juke settles and it makes me mad with joy every day .....

... I took the chrome gunmetl tekna + chromepck + urbanpck .....it's 'beautiful ... I just do not feel the vibrations of the plastic ... albeit slightly unnerving ... but ... uuufffffffff

#9 ·
12Inchmick said:
feefeeglasgow said:
I dont blame you - rattles and squeaks in a car can be EXCEPTIONALLY distracting and annoying.

I have found the rattle from the rear parcel shelf is loud . My son who sits in the back is driven to distraction by it

Fee x

For those member of the forum not familiar with Scotland, Distraction is a small village south of Glasgow.

For you Fee........

12ionch
Mick - you really are a pain in the jacksy but I will tolerate you because your emoticons are fab!!!! oo -er..... By the way - check your spelling "12ionch"????

#19 ·
Ahh, the constant soothing thrum of a diesel engine with vibration thrown in for free. I remember those...
Fee, you could maybe sort out your parcel-shelf prob with one-sided sticky foam under both sides where it sits down against the support. You know the kind you used to get for draft proofing door jams from B&Q.

#20 ·
gary@ghl said:
Hi I have a diesel...

No - the only reason I was asking, is I had a megane which had a engine noise/vibration but only when cold.. Renault knew about it and there was a recall from a faulty diesel return pipe. ( Same engine in the JUKE albeit a EURO V not EURO IV)

The problem was ONLY evident when cold and disappeared after driving for about 10/15 minutes. Furthermore it got worse when the accelerator pedal was pressed.

Probably not the same thing but you never know

Thanks
Good Luck

Fee x

#21 ·
Dougal said:
Ahh, the constant soothing thrum of a diesel engine with vibration thrown in for free. I remember those...

Fee, you could maybe sort out your parcel-shelf prob with one-sided sticky foam under both sides where it sits down against the support. You know the kind you used to get for draft proofing door jams from B&Q.

Had to laughat your postDougal - had to take the **** shelf out as I STILL CANT FIT IT!!!!!

#22 ·
Just thought I should add that I had my Juke at the dealership on Friday to sort out the recall problem with the ESP light and I'd asked them to have a look at a vibration behind my dashboard. It turns out it's something to do with some kind of heating box (can you tell I'm not a technical person?!) and I need to book it back in because it'll involve removing the dashboard. Bit of a pain in the backside but the rattle really is annoying (and it's only when I'm at a very low rpm; mainly idling and in 1st and 2nd gears.

#26 ·
caplyn_bass said:
Just thought I should add that I had my Juke at the dealership on Friday to sort out the recall problem with the ESP light and I'd asked them to have a look at a vibration behind my dashboard. It turns out it's something to do with some kind of heating box (can you tell I'm not a technical person?!) and I need to book it back in because it'll involve removing the dashboard. Bit of a pain in the backside but the rattle really is annoying (and it's only when I'm at a very low rpm; mainly idling and in 1st and 2nd gears.

Hmmm ..mine was in for the recall last week too..i also asked them to check out the vibration in low gearand it sounds like the same source, its booked in for the day next week to have it sorted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.