Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Just wondered if anyone has had the problem I had this morning. I was walking down to my car like usual and all of a sudden my other half asked where my passenger wing mirror was, as you can imagine my response was WHAT???
then i looked at my drivers side, both my wing mirrors have been removed, and when I say removed I don't mean baseball batted off they have been removed "professionally" and to the tune of £560.

Now what I want to know is how the **** and why are the mirrors so easy to get off the car from the outside, surely that's not right otherwise my car is gonna cost so much bloody money in replacement parts. Is there anything I can do to prevent this happening again? Security wise. I don't know where I stand at all.

Please help is anyone can

Thank you

LegallyWicked

·
Registered
345 Posts
cant imagine it is that easy to take off.

for what I know it that you have to take off the inside caps first and there you have to bolts wich hold the mirror.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I think an equally worrying issue is how the **** do Nissan imagine charging £560 for wing mirrors is realistic?Chris

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Just been out and checked ours, when turned in you can see the screws to unbolt them, I would hope as ours is the dig-t and alarmed, if they turned the mirrors back out the alarm would go off.

Bloody cheeky tho and a nightmare.

K

·
Registered
434 Posts
Kats said:
Just been out and checked ours, when turned in you can see the screws to unbolt them, I would hope as ours is the dig-t and alarmed, if they turned the mirrors back out the alarm would go off.

K
I can't imagine that the alarm has anything to do with the mirrors at all.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I would keep an eye on fleebay...Nightmare..We all work hard for what we have and some Chav has it off ....

·
Registered
998 Posts
Kats said:

K
Another oversight by Nissan ?. Obviously we do not have thieves in the Uk so wedo not need secure mirrors, just like we do not need heated ones as it is not deemed to be cold enough here.Tc

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Unfortunately an alarm was next on my list but as I'm a student I was saving up for it. Its now not next on my list as you can imagine I don't have that kind of money lying around. I don't know what to do now because this is going to be a problem all the time as I don't have the luxury of a garage and at £560 a time Nissan are having a laugh. It seems like such a design fault and I want to shout and shout at them but its gonna get me nowhere :(

·
Registered
998 Posts
It is ridiculous , If ? they can be undone from outside the car that is a problem Nissan should look at, My sympathies to you. Tc

·
Registered
434 Posts
Where would you expect the mirrors to come off from? I would of thought that a large amount of car manufactures mirrors come off from outside!
Edited by: Skyway

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Had the mirrors been heated the robbers would had to have cut through cables. Possibly making the mirrors useless meaning they would have left them dangling. Sooo some the OP would had to have re-attached them but at least he would have had them still.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
@ skyway, although all mirrors remove from the outside usually theyare bolted to the door from the inside.
I am amased at the way the Juke ones are fitted and I am absolutely astounded at the cost of replacements.
It has to be said that Nissan certainly know how to charge for replacement parts examples
piece of door rubbing strip for my xtrail trade price £71 Gearknob for the Juke in excess of £150.

@legally wicked, I can only suggest you contact john @ holdcrofts to see what price he can do them for, for you.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Wow, what a shame. I'm going to take a look to see if there's anything I can do to hide the fasteners or something. But, I'm sure word gets around fast in the sleazy underground. Whoever did this knew exactly what they were doing. Nissan mechanic perhaps....??

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My dad did suggest a nissan mechanic, and thanks guys for all your kind words

When they ring me to fit them I'm gonna find out if there is anything that can be fitted to stop it, like special screws or something....i dont know. I might just fill the bolts with super glue and be done with it

·
Registered
78 Posts
ilmor said:
Wow, what a shame. I'm going to take a look to see if there's anything I can do to hide the fasteners or something. But, I'm sure word gets around fast in the sleazy underground. Whoever did this knew exactly what they were doing. Nissan mechanic perhaps....??
What an outrageous assumption. I feel your pain but that is unfair.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Have to say I am with DD on this one it is an awful thing to happen but anyone who knows their way around a car will be capable of removing such an item and it is wrong to suggest they would have to be employed by Nissan

·
Registered
873 Posts
Just folded mine in to have a look, but couldn't see any bolts from the outside... is it different for Tekna?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Sorry to hear your bad news. I suppose the only good thing is they weren't ripped off and didn't cause any damage to your doors.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts