Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been reading on the US forum and found this.Stillen is a worldclass company who actually makes many of the performance parts for NISMO and will be supplying Nissan with their Exhaust for future Juke option upgrades...per Stillen inside source

Sounds very promising.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I was informed by Nissan Holdcroft that Nissan have no plans to collaborate with Stillen since "they already use Nismo".

·
Registered
50 Posts
Here in the USA some are buying Stillen and the others are buying Thorley. For what I read, the Stillen puts out more power (reportedly 16hp vs. 10 for the Thorley) but isnoticeablylouder as well.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Put them under the bonnet LJ any extra HP's are good

·
Registered
796 Posts
lol you had me going the.

I sent Stillen an e mail to ask.

I also found this from stillen
<a href="http://%20www.stillen.com/product.asp?id=INJSPINT01&c=PE&year=2011&make=NISSAN&model=JUKE" target="_blank">
http://www.stillen.com/product.asp?id=INJSPINT01&c=PE&year=2011&make=NISSAN&model=JUKE</a>

Not sure if it is for the Juke, so I have asked them to confirm.

Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
coupecruiser said:
lol you had me going the.

I sent Stillen an e mail to ask.

I also found this from stillen
<a href="http://%20www.stillen.com/product.asp?id=INJSPINT01&c=PE&year=2011&make=NISSAN&model=JUKE" target="_blank">
http://www.stillen.com/product.asp?id=INJSPINT01&c=PE&year=2011&make=NISSAN&model=JUKE</a>

Not sure if it is for the Juke, so I have asked them to confirm.
It is for the Juke, but it's not made by Stillen, It's made by Injen (I have one due next week
)It gets great reviews, allows you to really hear the turbo too!

·
Registered
484 Posts
snout said:
Does anyone know if it will void the warranty having a stillen fitted ?

</font>In a nut shell, any non manufacturer or dealer approved
modification can void a warranty for parts related to the modification. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

</font>Or take any offending parts off PDQ before you submit a
claim

</font>Back boxes give minimal gains, so I wouldn’t worry about
straining your car too much

</font>

</font>More importantly, before modifying your vehicle speak
to your insurance company

</font>

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mez said:
</font>More importantly, before modifying your vehicle speak
to your insurance company

</font>
Very true! Insurance companies are EVIL and will use any excuse not to pay out

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Well i spoke to the head mechanic at the nissan service department when i was having the hand break tightened and he said fitting a DV valve or exhaust would effect warranty :(
This is the only reason i havent had them done yet and its anoying me now.

·
Registered
484 Posts
</font>Some dealerships may approve modifications, especially
if you get them involved, usually meaning handing over cash. I know of several
local main franchise dealerships that use an independent performance centre for
‘dealer approved’ remaps etc. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

</font>

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Well i sent a PM to John at holdcroft about a week ago but he hasnt come back to me yet. I really want the DV and exhaust mode. The car has so much power but sounds like a wind up toy. All you hear is the high pitched wine from the turbo and one of my friends have already asked if it was an electric engine or a hybrid (was in eco and didnt blow him away hehe)

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hi Mega , Sorry ive not seen your pm , We are currently having some work on our Demo Juke D-Gitready to take down to gaydon , We have had a custom back box made and the boys at the custom shop are playing with baffle tones and making sure the back presure is the exact same as a standard back box to avoid any warranty issues. So at the momment all i can say is watch this space and if your at gaydon you will be able to see and hear it there . Prices for this and LOTS of other mods will follow very soon

JOhn

·
Registered
555 Posts
2005holdcroft said:
Hi Mega , Sorry ive not seen your pm , We are currently having some work on our Demo Juke D-Gitready to take down to gaydon , We have had a custom back box made and the boys at the custom shop are playing with baffle tones and making sure the back presure is the exact same as a standard back box to avoid any warranty issues. So at the momment all i can say is watch this space and if your at gaydon you will be able to see and hear it there . Prices for this and LOTS of other mods will follow very soon

JOhn
WICKED !

1 - 20 of 33 Posts