Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 automatic petrol Juke, approx 27k miles. I'm retired, hence low mileage, but the car is driven every day. I have a squeak which I noticed last summer, but which I thought had disappeared, but this summer it is back. I only notice it when the window is wound down and I can hear sound reflected from walls, parked cars etc. So obviously it isn't loud. It only happens under gentle accelaration and then only briefly. Anything harder and either the squeak doesn't happen (probable) or I can't hear above the engine noise. It sounds like a very quiet fan belt squeak. It doesn't happen at constant speed, or slowing down. The car was serviced recently and the fan belt was changed, but the squeak is still there. I had a car once which made a similar noise which I first noticed in France and mistakely thought it was circadas chirping, but that happened at all speeds and by the time I got home sounded like a bucket of bolts. The universal joint bearing had failed. I've tried switching off the aircon, but that doesn't affect anything. There is no squeak from the brakes, just this annoying noise which appears for a short time going from about 20 to 30 mph. Anyone got any ideas?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2013 automatic petrol Juke, approx 27k miles. I'm retired, hence low mileage, but the car is driven every day. I have a squeak which I noticed last summer, but which I thought had disappeared, but this summer it is back. I only notice it when the window is wound down and I can hear sound reflected from walls, parked cars etc. So obviously it isn't loud. It only happens under gentle accelaration and then only briefly. Anything harder and either the squeak doesn't happen (probable) or I can't hear above the engine noise. It sounds like a very quiet fan belt squeak. It doesn't happen at constant speed, or slowing down. The car was serviced recently and the fan belt was changed, but the squeak is still there. I had a car once which made a similar noise which I first noticed in France and mistakely thought it was circadas chirping, but that happened at all speeds and by the time I got home sounded like a bucket of bolts. The universal joint bearing had failed. I've tried switching off the aircon, but that doesn't affect anything. There is no squeak from the brakes, just this annoying noise which appears for a short time going from about 20 to 30 mph. Anyone got any ideas?
I have the same in my 66 plate Juke, it almost sounds like a chirping, having had the auxiliary belt, water pump and tensioner mechanism changed its still making the noise! 3 lots of diagnostics later and Nissan day there are no mechanical issues with the car!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Same problem and also 3 diagnostics later, no issues found. Going to Nissan dealer on 17th Sep/ 2020, we'll see what they say now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts