Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Has anyone fitted the sports pedals to there juke? Is it a easy job or would it have to be done at the dealers any advice would be great

·
Registered
62 Posts
not got mine yet, but if you have a good look at the back of pedals and see what is holding them on to the arms - you'll prob need a torch to see - from memory its either a small screw/allen key/nut sort of thing! 10mins tops to swap them over - once you know what to use that is
ive been thinking of some red ones to go with my red interior...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mine has them, they some bits of rubber through holes in the stainless steel, I have had no problems with my feet slipping on the pedals.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

·
Registered
93 Posts
Got them as well, no probs so farand lets face it there's been plenty rain to give them a work out!Must admit I was a bit worried cos my Alfa had them and they were a nightmare when wet, but these pedals seem better !

·
Registered
659 Posts
They are NOT standard on the Tekna.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I have no idea why people change the nice rubber pedals for something which is worse - can someone explain the concept of sports pedals to me? What makes them 'sport'? Why do people bother changing the look of something that you don't see 99% of the time?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well I got them on the Accenta with Premium pack (DiGT) ! Maybe they are a 'turbo' related accessory !

·
Registered
277 Posts
REDJUKEBOX said:
Hi
Has anyone fitted the sports pedals to there juke? Is it a easy job or would it have to be done at the dealers any advice would be great
I just did the sport pedals last week, adn look reallynice. Did them myself and quite straightforward, but have not done the resting foot pedal yet.

They just slip on tightly, no screws .... I just had my fingers aching for a bit, as you need to put some pressureuntil you slip them on.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Stormrider said:
I have no idea why people change the nice rubber pedals for something which is worse - can someone explain the concept of sports pedals to me? What makes them 'sport'? Why do people bother changing the look of something that you don't see 99% of the time?
If we all liked the same the things the Juke would never have been made and we would all be driving VW Beetles!!!!!

The Sport Pedals are used in racing with Racing boots as they provide much better grip than rubber with the correct footwear, also they raised rings mean less surface area is used to push and provides less strain on the foot as they can move their feet slightly over the pedal for a different part of the foot taking the strain. Most racing drivers will put the boots on inside the car if it is wet outside.
The Juke sport pedals have little rubber nodules on so they arn't really Sport pedals at all, but Sport Look pedals with rubber on to aide better grip in wet weather so a nice compromise. I think looking at them they would be even more effective in snow the raided rubber ridges would clean off the snow if you just dragged your foot down them.
If you prefer a shiny metal look then they are probably for you, either way this thread was about how hard were they to fit not a poll on if you liked them.

Edited by: Benzyl

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Well said Benzyl, it's all about putting your personal touch to the car. We all treat our cars in different ways and we are all entitled to our opinion too

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Can anyone Confirm if these are standard on the DIGT Tekna please.
I have ordered the above car but requested the sports pedals so I
dont want to be paying extra for something that comes standard lol
Much thanking in advanced

·
Registered
38 Posts
My DIG-T Tekna came with sports peddles and I did not order them. Have you had to pay extra for them? <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
westmidsjuke said:
My DIG-T Tekna came with sports peddles and I did not order them. Have you had to pay extra for them? <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>

I think i might have :(
But if i can get a definitive answer here i will be phoning my salesman this afternoon when i can find his card lol
I basically gave him a list of extras i wanted..
He didnt mention if they came standard or not but i had them on my list.
Just double checked the brochure and its not listed there so i can forgive him if he didnt know lol

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Well phoned the salesman today to ask/tell him about the sports pedals being stock on the Dig-T tekna and he said he would look into it. Came back about 2 hours later saying that for love or money he couldnt find out if they were. said he checked all their paperwork and stats on their website and nothing came up. However he did say that he would check the next tekna that came in and if they are standard he would deduct however much they would have clost me if i had to have them put in...
Time will tell haha.
Nissan are a little usless but we love em.
Love a really ugly puppy lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi REDJUKEBOX,

Have fitted them to mine they are easy enough the hardest part was the foot rest best thing to do is remove the sill plastic cover and small carpet near pedals, also kick plate panel slide chair back, You need to work under the carpet to get the plate to sit right bit of a fiddle just be patient a nice day or inside an advantage.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts