Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am experiencing numerous bugs/issues with the Nissan Juke 'type A' head unit (manufactured by Clarion I believe) and the iPhone. I'm posting this in case anyone is considering a Juke with this head unit (which is standard on the Acenta Sport) and is hoping for hassle free iPhone compatibility. There's a good chance you'll be disappointed...

For clarity, here is a pic of this particular head unit:

Also, if anyone has any solutions for these problems it would be much appreciated.

My gripes are:

1. No sound through Juke speakers when calls made (phone call connects, just no sound and person on the other end can't hear). Doesn't happen every time but quite common. - Update - not had any dropped calls for a while so consider this no longer an issue

2. Juke cannot handle if the iPhone is connected by both Bluetooth and USB. For example, if listening to your music and a call comes in, once the call is ended no music returns to the speakers - more info about that one on this thread http://jukeownersclub.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=797&PN=2. This happens EVERY time. In fact, in doesn't even need a call for this to be a problem - see point 4.

To replicate the issue:

a) Pair and connect iPhone to the Juke (I am using a iPhone 3GS with software version 4.2.1 but have also tried with iPhone 4)
b) Now physically connect iPhone via USB socket
c) Start playing music from the iPhone on the Juke
d) Either make or receive a call through the Bluetooth system. Once the call is ended you should see the track continuing to play on the head unit but no sound is returned to the speakers. You can turn the head unit off and then on but no sound returns until you disconnect and re-connect the iPhone by USB.

Update (24/2/2011): having visited Holdcrofts in Stoke On Trent , their technicians have agreed to speak to the Nissan Technical team to ascertain why this works on the Connect system but not the type A head unit.

3. I can't initiate any phones voice dialling feature with the Juke's call button, either on the steering wheel or head unit. On the Qashqai, I just press and hold the phone button and it starts voice dialling on the phone (any any phone that supports voice dialling). Doesn't work on the Juke. This makes the system incredibly dangerous as there is no way to activate hands free dialling!!

Update (24/2/2011): As this works on a QashQai Acenta grade, Holdcrofts agreed it is poor form it doesn't also work on the Juke Acenta grade which is a later model with supposedly extra functionality. Again, they have agreed to speak to Nissan technical regarding the matter.

If entering the car and connecting the iPhone by USB, the iPhone will start to play and be heard through speakers as expected. As soon as the iPhone is then detected and connected to the Juke through Bluetooth the iPod side of things goes silent. Track information still displays on the head unit but no audio heard.

Update - Holdcrofts are speaking to Nissan Technical

5. Display/Mix preferences not retained. If I insert a USB stick or iPod/iPhone and choose 'Mix' from the head unit and set the 'DISP' setting to Album or Artist name, once I remove the device and re-insert it, or change to a different device, either the Mix setting or the DISP setting resets. In the case of MIX, it simply disappears and has to be re-selected. In the case of the Album/Artist name, this resets to duration of track e.g. '00:27'.

6. No scrolling track display. Not really a bug this, just a curious feature omission. Track listings on the display do not scroll. For example 'ACDC - For those who are about to Rock, we salute you' just shows as something like 'ACDC - For those wh' and doesn't scroll.

I've only had my Juke a week and already seriously disappointed in this side of things...

I also have a 2009 Acenta Qashqai and although that doesn't have the USB port for the iPhone, the Bluetooth phone part works perfect with my iPhone and my wife's Blackberry. Most specifically, when I press the phone icon on the steering wheel and hold it - the voice dial feature of the iPhone/Blackberry kicks in so you can make a hands free call. Perfect. However, it doesn't work that way on the Juke...

Technical Info:

I have a 'type A' head unit (the most basic one, standard on Acenta Sport) on a Juke Acenta Sport (picked up 29/1/11)
I am using iPhone 3GS with 4.2.1 firmware (posters on the referenced thread above have same issues using iPhone 4)

Sorry for such a negative post but I'm hoping there will be some chance that Nissan can provide a firmware update of sorts to solve the issues...?

Update 8/2/11 - spoke to my dealer and they are taking the Juke in to take a look. Will update as and when more info received.

Update 24/2/2011 - visited Holdcroft in Stoke, I have updated the points above with relevant info.

Edited by: megastuff999

·
Registered
173 Posts
All I can say is I'm using an IPhone 4 on 4.0.1 software and am having none of your issues!
Perhaps you need to get the car checked out.

·
Registered
283 Posts
HiI have an iphone 3GS, and again I don't appear to be having any of these problems either - sorry. Although I do sometimes think that no music is coming out, only to find I haven't hit the play button on the screen again! lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think what you are both missing is that you don't have the same head unit as me. I have the 'Type A' head unit which has USB and Bluetooth but NOT the connect system. It's standard on the Acenta Sport. Holeymoley27 - your sig says you have Acenta Premium, so that counts you out (Premium pack has Nissan Connect).
ddfred - can you confirm what grade/head unit yours has?

For the record - this is the head unit in the Acenta Sport:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Oh yeah mine is different I have the Tekna...

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
ddfred said:
Hi
I have an iphone 3GS, and again I don't appear to be having any of these problems either - sorry. Although I do sometimes think that no music is coming out, only to find I haven't hit the play button on the screen again! lol
The Duchess doesn't have to press the button on the screen again. The music automatically resumes once the call is finished.Thats for her Iphone 4.

·
Registered
49 Posts
<!--if gte mso 9>
<o:OfficeSettings>
<o:AllowPNG/>
</o:OfficeSettings>
<!--><!--if gte mso 9>
<w:Word>
<w:View>Normal</w:View>
<w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>
<w:TrackMoves/>
<w:Trackatting/>
<w:punctuationKerning/>
<w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/>
<w:SaveIfInvalid>false</w:SaveIfInvalid>
<w:IgnoreMixed>false</w:IgnoreMixed>
<w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>
<w:DonotPromoteQF/>
<w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther>
<w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian>
<w:LidThemeComplex>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplex>
<w:Compatibility>
<w:BreakWrappedTables/>
<w:SnapToGridInCell/>
<w:WrapTextWithPunct/>
<w:UseAsianBreakRules/>
<w:DontGrowAutofit/>
<w:SplitPgBreakAndark/>
<w:EnableKerning/>
<w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/>
<w:OverrideTableStyleHps/>
</w:Compatibility>
<m:mathPr>
<m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/>
<m:brkBin m:val="before"/>
<m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/>
<m:smallFrac m:val="off"/>
<m:dispDef/>
<m:lMargin m:val="0"/>
<m:rMargin m:val="0"/>
<m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/>
<m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/>
<m:intLim m:val="subSup"/>
<m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/>
</m:mathPr></w:Word>
<!--><!--if gte mso 9>
<w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemi="true" DefQat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267">
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Normal"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="ing 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 7"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 8"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 9"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" Qat="true" Name="caption"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Title"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Subtitle"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Strong"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Emphasis"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="No Spacing"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Quote"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Book Title"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Qat="true" Name="TOC ing"/>
</w:LatentStyles>
<!--><!--if gte mso 10>

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;
mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;
mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

<!-->

I have read on another forum.....name escapes me now.....It’s
to do with the current IPhone firmware 4.2.1 as i have experienced some of the
problems above with my iPhone 4 running 4.2.1 with my Renault it was working correctly until i updated my phone, I know
Renault are in the progress of issuing an update to rectify
this.....I don’t know if this is the same with Nissan which i hope they do before i collect my Juke.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi leel, I guess that's a possibility as the iPhone 4 I tried experienced the same issues and also had 4.2.1. Might try rolling back the firmware.

Without an update from Nissan I don't think point 3 will get addressed - don't think they'll see any reason to change it. People with this head unit and a smartphone with voice activated dialling (Blackberry, iPhone, many Nokias, Sony's etc) are shafted as there is no way to activate the voice dialling with this head unit. It's a very curious omission. Had I known, I certainly wouldn't have ordered this spec car :(

However, either way, I don't think you will have an issue as going by your sig you are getting a Tekna which has the Connect system. I don't think there are any issues with the iPhone and that head unit.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Furthermore, in can't just be the iPhone firmware as I'm having similar problems (initiate a call and no sound through speakers) with a Blackberry.
Plus, the iPhone (with 4.2.1.) works perfect in my Qashqai (again, a non-Nissan Connect head unit - just the standard head unit that comes with the Qashqai Acenta) so there must be something not quite right with the head unit???????

·
Registered
26 Posts
Dunno if you have tried this and cant remember where I saw it but.... Let the iPhone connect via BT first. Then plug in. I think the two sytems get confused somehow and will connect to the first thing that is set up. The wire connection will obviously connect quicker thus confusing the wired and BT connection.... Give it a go it may work.

·
Registered
167 Posts
yeah I find I have to let it connect via BT first then by the USB, even doing that this morning I had to unplug and replug the usb 3 times before (on the third time) I could hear my music playing.

I have the Preimum with Nissan Connect so its not just your head unit in the sport - and would say it's definitely a bluetooth/usb conflict problem

I've not tried it but can you make and receive calls via just the usb, with the bluetooth turned off?
I know you can stream music via bluetooth but you then dont get the handy menu options when via the usb - so its going to be a trade off until nissan can update the software which probably will never happen

Edited by: JukeSkywalker

·
Registered
873 Posts
I have a USB adapter plugged in to my cigarette lighter as I only use it for charging anyway, so I can plug into that and bluetooth works fine. I just use bluetooth streaming to play music off my phone, works perfectly. My actual USB slot has a 32gb memory stick in instead.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, if I let the BT connect first and then connect the iPhone connect by USB the music works. But only until answering the first call. As soon as I hang up, no sound comes through the speakers again.

Even if it worked for subsequent calls I still think the system isn't 'fit for purpose'. For us to have to follow a routine just to get our iPhones connected and working just seems wrong.

As JukeSkywalker has the same USB connecting problem with the NIssan Connect head unit I can't help wondering if people with different head units altogether (Pioneer, Kenwood etc) have the same issues connecting an iPhone by both USB and Bluetooth? Anyone know?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Sorry I have to disagree, I dont see how its not fit for purpose it works it connects to a number of phones clearly their is a conflict issue but is that Nissans fault or Apples problem
I have a Nokia that connects and works just fine
being old skool and not that teckno I think the way they work is brilliant love the usb thing for music now have no cd's at all in the car but my wories is if people kick off about my phone dont work etc then makers will stop putting these things in cars
Also have you actually been back to the dealer to see if your unit is faulty maybe be try it on another unit of a stock Juke they have

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Have to say I have no issues with the connect system in my Tekna. Have iphone 3GS via bluetooth and a usb stick for my music. No conflicts. Phone connects and will cut music when call comes in or is made. Call ends music starts again, perfect.
I suspect if you have an issue with the phone a cheap usb stick for your music will sort it. As for charging, mine will last all day as I use it for calls only. But if you want to charge and use a usb stick then a cigarette lighter usb converter will give you a charging source.
Hope this helps some of your issues.
12inch

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Thanks for the suggestions but that's just a work around for a non-working system though, no?

Shouldn't the system actually work? I mean the iPhone is hardly obscure! Have you tried using your iPhone connected by USB for Music and connected by BT for calls on your Tekna - might not be all plain sailing if you do?

It would easy to get the system 'working' by not using elements of it but I don't really think that's satisfactory. It should work as intended/advertised.

There's obviously a chance this side of things is Apple related and a future firmware may sort.

The lack of press and hold for voice dialling is extremely frustrating however and that's definitely within Nissan's domain to sort.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Deks - are you serious???????

deks36 said:
... my wories is if people kick off about my phone dont
work etc then makers will stop putting these things in cars
You don't want people to complain in case manufacturers remove the features? So, are you worried that if you complain about your engine, they'll leave it out in future iterations? ;)

That's hardly a attitude likely to bring about progress! I couldn't disagree with you more strongly.

It's going back in next Wednesday to Holdcrofts so I'll obviously report back what they say.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
possibly not the best use of words, but lets be honest with any kind electronics like this if you use both bt and usb you are likely to get a conflict surely? like i said i amno tecno head but thats how it seems to me
and frankly i wish they had left my engine out for all sorts of reasons

sorry if i didnt make myself understood the way I meant writing is harder than talking
my only concern for you is you will probably know more about how it works than the dealer
hence why i suggested trying it on another Juke. I would say that maybe thats the way its supposed to be it just cant cope but as you say it works as you want on your QQ I reckon their is a fault or conflict somewhere
hope it gets sorted
trouble with technology great when it works

1 - 20 of 62 Posts