Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of questions I hope someone will be able to answer.

1) If I get a spoiler would I need to notify my insurance company that it has been modified and would it push up my insurance?

2) Would it be something that would be easy to try and nick off the car? Had a mate that had a Fiesta ST and the spoiler was nicked off it twice. Don't want to get a spoiler then have some chav nick it and it cost me a load of money to repair.

Cheers

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Stormrider said:
Surely it's only the chavs that get the spoiler fitted anyway? :p
thanks for that £17k car and you want to call me a chav
spoiler needs to be glued on it if you use correct adhesive it will be hard to remove without damaging it

·
Registered
575 Posts
To be fair, deks, you are from Herne Bay so chavvy spoilers are an essential in that part of the world

·
Registered
873 Posts
Sorry, personal opinion, as it serves no aerodynamic purpose on a car like this, I think it just makes it look cheap and tacky, a bit 'boy racer'

·
Registered
659 Posts
A spoiler is only cosmetic surely? But notify the insurers anyway.
I imagine it would be easy to nick. It does look glued on when you study the pix.

·
Registered
272 Posts
me and the wife must be 58 year old chav's then !!ours isordered simmo.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
chris78 said:
To be fair, deks, you are from Herne Bay so chavvy spoilers are an essential in that part of the world
which part of delightful Kent are you from then Chris

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
jayannlay said:
A spoiler is only cosmetic surely? But notify the insurers anyway.
I imagine it would be easy to nick. It does look glued on when you study the pix.
My friend had her bodykit stolen off her Saxo, then stole the front & bumper, side skirts & spoiler. Ended up writing off the car as it was only work £800 quid and the bodykit + spraying came to nearly £2,000.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Stormrider said:
Sorry, personal opinion, as it serves no aerodynamic purpose on a car like this, I think it just makes it look cheap and tacky, a bit 'boy racer'
clearly has no idea on style then its a subtle spoiler not a whale tail or anything ridiculous
most comments seem to be in favour of the spoiler so that would make most of us chav's in your eyes then

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
lets put this into perspective fieasta and saxo cheap boy racer cars likely to have lots of mods most of which are nickable

brand new Juke £15k upwards highly unlikely that someone is going to come along and nick you spoiler for theirs if they just spent £15k then £300 more wont make a lot of difference

note saxo bits are easy to pinch bumper only held on by 4 bolts bodykit will pull off as its held on with clips sell these parts all the time as people are having them constantly nicked

·
Registered
873 Posts
Like I said, it's a personal opinion, nothing more. If you can't handle other people having differing opinions to you, you might want to steer clear of the internet, it's full of it!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah this Forum is the only thing that is keeping me going. I don't like waiting. If I keep going on here I am going to have every bloody modification going

·
Registered
575 Posts
deks36 said:
chris78 said:
which part of delightful Kent are you from then Chris
Chatham - hence I couldn't resist the quip. Not at all chavvy round here, honest!

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Is everyone friends again?!!!! - Good stuff -- Group hug

Think I will stir things up again.... The spoiler looks nice, very nice but would I want one, NO...
Definitely for boy and girl racers.... of all ages

fee

·
Registered
130 Posts
Also

Often by attaching a spoiler through drilling / glueing, it may affect your cars anti corrosion warranty! Best check this out first!

Duncs

1 - 20 of 26 Posts