Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
That cheeses me off - I wrote to Nissan and they confirmed there is NO sunroof for the JUKE.

I wish they would get their fingers out and make SPEC the same all over.. Just typical - wait and see, we will all buy first and then 6 months down the line it'll be offered as an option.

Excuse the gripe - Just makes me very annoyed

Fee x

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
feefeeglasgow said:
That cheeses me off - I wrote to Nissan and they confirmed there is NO sunroof for the JUKE.
I wish they would get their fingers out and make SPEC the same all over.. Just typical - wait and see, we will all buy first and then 6 months down the line it'll be offered as an option.

Excuse the gripe - Just makes me very annoyed

Fee x
The way I heard it from a Nissan worker (who may of course just be having a gripe and being a cynic) some things whichwere already available on a Sunderland-built Juke (sunroof, PureDrive,StopStart,heated front seats,different colours etc )wouldNOT be available tous until the initial orders and early rush has died down, and they need some "extras" to stimulate interest in the Juke.

There could be some truth in it I suppose. The factory in Sunderland seems to bemaking Jukes witha sunroof for theUS, heated front seats for some countries, PureDrive and Stop/Start for some countries too.

(I'm not sure if the US audio system is better than the European and Japanese spec - some of the Japanese Juke buyers have complained the standard speakers aren't very good.)
Edited by: KevInJuke

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I do recall when I bought my first Qashqai that Nissan were throwing in a panoramic sunroof on the Acenta spec for free.... that was in 2007. Seems a lifetime ago.

I had also contacted them re- Start/Stop option - again Nissan said this wasn't on the Juke.

I will be honest - I would have preferred a sunroof as headheight in the back is poor and it opens the space up a bit

I understand the marketing side of it but don't necessarily agree with it

Fee x

As for the sound system - as long as it isn't tinny and I listen to Smooth Radio - I 'll be happy

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Give it a few months and Nissan will probably introduce more of these thingsfor us in the UK
such asthe glass moonroof.

(If anyone sees a picture ofthe moonroof,perhaps you could share it with us all)

Edited by: KevInJuke

·
Registered
575 Posts
I'm not wildly interested in fuel efficiency - I've got the 1.6DIG-T on order after all
but I can't understand how a car manufacturer can be designing a new car and new engines without stop/start technolgy in 2010. Given the EU drive to reduce emmissions, company car tax rates and fuel prices, it seems odd that Nissan have the technology there and aren't offering it?

·
Registered
26 Posts
dunno where your getting your info from but the US Spec juke comes from Japan....European and UK model is the only one coming out of sunderland.

and the reason for that is the exchange rate. NMUK has never built a car for the US market and never will.

However they have built cars for the JDM and Aus markets in the past. P11 Primera GT...badged as Euro GT i think. Quashqui's were also sent over as well but after a year Nissan Japan pulled the plug as the quality wasnt good enough. K11s were sent to the AUS market.

Edited by: The-juke

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for that info.
I've asked Nissan PR if we are likely to get PureDrive option, STop/Start option in the UK,
as they do in some other European countries, and I await their reply.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I have already written to NCS and here is their response:

</font>

Ref: 1-1M4KM1</font>

Thank you for your e-mail to Nissan regarding the Nissan Juke.</font>

We can confirm that the Nissan Juke does not have Stop Start technology.</font>

Well - that clearly says it all for us in the UK at least for the time being.....</font>

Fee x
</font>

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My email has come back undelivered, I prob got the email address wrong

I'm not going to try asking again, I can live without Stop/Startand the(so-called) "Puredrive"

They geta sunroof/moonroof in the US - that would have been a nice option,
but it seems no-one gets that in Europe.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Speculation only, but Whatcar have said that a "puredrive" with lower emissions will come out in the future. Whether it'll include stop/start is anyone's guess

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
me again - as for the sunroof:

Response from Nissan:

REF: 1-1KZ1LC</font>
Thank you for your e-mail to Nissan regarding your Nissan Juke.

I can confirm that the Nissan Juke does notnot have a sunroof.</font>

Fee x

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
valy63 said:
I think its leather
I'd have to agree, looks like leather, those dark shoulders look like cloth tho?.

I really like that blue colour; would be my first choice if they offered the centre console in blue as well. oh and if they offered the blue over here obviously!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts