Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried to upgrade the door speakers or add a subwoofer yet?

If so, was it worthwhile, and any tips for removing door trims etc?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess no forum members have tackled this yet.....

...so I've bought 4, heavily discounted, 6 1/2" Alpine speakers from Halfords today (they seem to get rave reviews for the price), and will fit them asap. I'll try and take photos and post the method on the forum.

I also intend to add soundproofing to the doors, which should also improve sound quality and general car refinement.

I took the door trim off today to survey the job, and remove an oem speaker. This came off easy enough - only broke one of the white plastic studs, difficult not to do when it's near freezing temps. Fortunately I have a few spares.

I'll prob try fitting some ambient lighting in the doors whilst they're off, and maybe red warning LED's at the outer edge to warn following cars when the door is open.

I have a Pioneer active Subwoofer that I recovered from another car before trade in, and may try fitting it at some stage, but the biggest pain with these is getting a live feed through direct from the battery - don't s'pose anyone knows of a good route through the main bulkhead for this?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Well you could get the main feed from the s m j . They have a special take off I'd you have a Nissan tow bar or lighting kit.

·
Registered
22 Posts
looking forward to the pictures of the speaker refit as Juke speakers are ok but could be better. I had a loan nissan note, it had a better sounding speakers in my opinion.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've done the front two and taken photos but am away on hol at the moment so will post them soon.

However I can say that it's a worthwhile upgrade. As are the red led's I've also fitted under the door pulls that light up the storage pockets.
Edited by: Jukotabeekidin

·
Registered
22 Posts
looking forward to the pictures, I havent looked at the door panel yet but not sure how easy it is to remove the trim.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Jukotabeekidin said:
I've done the front two and taken photos but am away on hol at the moment so will post them soon.

However I can say that it's a worthwhile upgrade. As are the red led's I've also fitted under the door pulls that light up the storage pockets.

MMM Photos please like the sound of the lights
12inch

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, back from my Oban trip now, so will post by tomorrow evening. The LEDs were easy. £5 From Halfords and I took the feed from the supply to the window switch. You can easily click off the switch cover from the door, andfit the LEDs without removing the door panel.

The LEDs have 3M strip to stick them to the underside of the handle moulding, facing downwards into the door pocket.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Photos :

Door with trim and oem speaker removed

Speaker adaptor fitted from Halfords (as for Vauxhall Vectra). Also self adhesive sound proofing fitted to inside of door skin.

New Alpine speaker fitted and working.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Jukotabeekidin said:
Yes, back from my Oban trip now, so will post by tomorrow evening. The LEDs were easy. £5 From Halfords and I took the feed from the supply to the window switch. You can easily click off the switch cover from the door, andfit the LEDs without removing the door panel.

The LEDs have 3M strip to stick them to the underside of the handle moulding, facing downwards into the door pocket.
Nice... any pics of those? Would like to see how they were fitted too. I know its asking a lot but this is a feature missing from the Juke IMHO>
thanks in advance
12inch

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

LED's : You can just see the bank of 3 stuck under the red door handle moulding.

I've tried to get a life like phot of the effect, but my compact won't do it well (as below). I'll have to fire up the D50 SLR and try a long exposure.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for the pics, I will do mine as soon as funds will allow!!!

I keep thinking the Jukes sounds are ok until I get into other peoples cars, went in my mates merc and was blown away at the sound quality even at speed! I love my music and my Juke so this looks the way to go

Cheers

·
Registered
210 Posts
I am toying with upgrading the speakers has anyone else done this, what speakers did you opt for ?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Same 6" front and back, although you are likely to need to buy some mounting rings as well as speakers (all available from Halfords)I have a new set of Alpines that fit and are highly regarded if required

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Can i ask what wattage the stock speakers are and what watts your new speakers were?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts