Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
That doesn't surprise me. It's like trying to get blood out of a stone trying to get people to post anything or take part in any of the comps on this forum.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Ah, but you can't shut me up; I have an opinion on everything!
I'm a pain in the arse once you get to know me!

Ouch!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I think a lot of people get excited when they order their Juke and join and post... then when they get their car, they are too busy driving it to come back!That and not everyone wants the relentless, never-ending banter with every post, it can be quite off-putting to wade through 15 pages of puns to find out what size bulbs are fitted. (I enjoy it for the most part, entertaining reading, but it can get a bit much at times)Chris

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
clb1970 said:
I think a lot of people get excited when they order their Juke and join and post... then when they get their car, they are too busy driving it to come back!
That much is understandable, I agree (about 64% of the membership have fewer than 10 posts).

But with so many joining and not taking a few minutes to introduce themselves and their Juke is a bit bizarre.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Just to get my tuppenceworth in. I agree that many people join for the info initially then once they take delivery, the novelty can wear off. That said during my time as a forum Mod. many people contacted me to say that they felt unable to post freely and honestly as they felt some replies to their posts were hostile, if they expressed an opinion.

Just my opinion.

Fee x

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
in my opinoin,i dont want to read trough 15 posts of light bulb fittings,i also thought that,that was the objective of the forum,every body has a voice,not every one is the same.the forum is and should be,like the car,a lot of fun,take the bits you like from it,and moan about the rest,[rant over]back to the puns,[were are you jot

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
we now have an answer button so when a moderator reads through the posts if one becomes an obvious answer to a question it will be ticked and then automatically moved to the second post.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
To be fair though, light bulbs and the techie section in general tend not to have too much distracting banter. The posters on those threads tend to be a lot more serious. Also, as Deks says, there's a facility in place to make sure the answer to a serious question rises to 2nd place, making it easier to see.

"Houston, there's no trace of an atmosphere. I think I've stumbled into the Juke forum technical section. Anyway, whilst I'm here I'll pass on my tips for fitting led's to my white Juke. As you can see, I've stripped everything back to the chassis, blah blah blah...."

1 - 15 of 15 Posts