Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really not impressed with the lack of spare wheel, on all but the 4WD. As thereappears to be ample room in the lower compartment of the boot for a space saver wheel, I was considering buying one.

Has anyone else bought a spare? Is it seriously worth doing?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Sarah said:
I'm really not impressed with the lack of spare wheel, on all but the 4WD. As thereappears to be ample room in the lower compartment of the boot for a space saver wheel, I was considering buying one.

Yes, I'm buying one as soon as the dealer finds the correct part numbers. Apparently they are not fitted because it's to do with reducing thetheCO2 figure.

<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Mez said:
Sarah said:

Yes, I'm buying one as soon as the dealer finds the correct part numbers. Apparently they are not fitted because it's to do with reducing thetheCO2 figure.
i suspect it has more to do with profit

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, the dealer I visited today said it was to do with emissions too, although I really cant see that a space saver wheel is going to affect fuel consumption that much.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Have any of you changed a wheel before? a 14" space saver (steel-wheel) weighs an absolute ton! its almost certainly down to a weight/fuel eco thing. steel wheels shouldn't cost more than 20-30 quid!

So take in to account we'll need one that replaces a 17" wheel (so 16" with massive tyre) that'll be a considerable lump to haul around everywhere!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
my dealer quoted me around £65 for spare and theat price didnt include the jack and wheel brace
if it was about wait saving then why make a spare wheel holder in the boot as if they had made it flat that too would have been less weight

what ever Nissan's reasons unless you have a 4x4 if you want a spare its going to cost

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's not as bad as it could be I suppose.A universaljack and tools can be picked up reasonably cheap (just not sure of the clearance & weight of the Juke, to price one up).

Was that a spacesaver wheel?
Does it come with a tyre?
Does it come with a health warning, given that you will now be emitting far more CO2

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
nissanjukebox said:
The DIGT 2WD has a space saver spare tire.

Its tiny :D
maybe different rules where you are
as dealer told me at preview that only the 4wd will come with spare(full size)
all others had option for space saver

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
simps said:
I must admit I thought that mine was coming with a spacesaver....
1.6 DIG-T Tekna
I may be wrong as I wasnt asking many questions about DIG-T or infact the spare wheel

·
Registered
345 Posts
deks36 said:
nissanjukebox said:
The DIGT 2WD has a space saver spare tire.

Its tiny :D
maybe different rules where you are
as dealer told me at preview that only the 4wd will come with spare(full size)
all others had option for space saver
I wonder how they gonna fit that in. Then you will miss allot of space.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Just to show how tiny the rear is
Spare space saver tire, wonder how the can pout a full size in it, then prob you have to give up the 2e compartment

2ndcompartment

And with the shelf on it

here you can see the height

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Did you specify the spacesaver when buying the car NissanJukeBox? The lower lower compartment on mine is completely empty & missing the scissor jack & wheel wrench, not that I mind, might pay the £95 for the spacesaver for the piece of mind as I've had to use them in the past!

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'm pretty surethat you can buy a spare and the tools if you want.. you'll probably find that it will be standard in some markets (Eastern Europe for example where the roadscan bebad and punctures are severe) and so the body and trunk area have to be common.. it's not there for other markets for weight (=CO2) reasons...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Went into a tyre dealer today spoke him to regarding the tyre sealent told me that they would not clean the tyre out hence you would have to buy a new one so instead of paying £16 to repair a puncture it will cost £90 plus. I can also see the RAC getting a bit fed up having to come out to recover Jukes that that have surcome to punctures.Nissan have got it very wrong not suppling a space saver, my fault should have found out sooner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts