Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if most dealers have Juke spacesaver spare wheels and tyres in stock on their premises.
I am asking because I'm thinking of buying one when i pick my Juke up on Thursday. I know the Nissan price is a rip off but I can't find a Qashqai spare on eBay to use instead.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
My dealers parts department said they were on back order and were taking a couple of weeks at least to arrive if thats any help....

Fee x

·
Registered
199 Posts
Just snagged a brand new QQspace saverin black with the tyre on it for £25.....
Happy Days, they are out there if you look hard enoughEdited by: theguru

·
Registered
199 Posts
Try putting a search in for nissan space savers, theres a couple of 16" space savers on there the tyre size needs to be either T125/T135/T145/90R16 if you can find one with any of those sizes it'll be fine...

·
Registered
540 Posts
Will a standard size wheel and tyre not fit into the space. I thought it looked big enough when I checked but, that was a while ago...

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Deks --

Did you not have to do a wee bit of jiggery pokery with your tray in the boot to get the spacesaver to fit though??

If so - Can you post a pic as to what you have done to get the spacesaver in. i looked at my tray and cant see how the spacesaver will fit in -

Fee x

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
yes i did i had to cut off the holder for the tow eye and 2 lugs from underneath its still a snug fit
though I will empty it out tomorrow and post a picture for you

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
as requested by fee, here is the tray i modified. Marked in side the red zone is what I cut away
not a truly professional job but it worked for me , basically I hacksawed off the bottom of the tow eye holder and the semi cirlce part to the side of it as highlighted

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Thanks for that DEKS - good pics

I am a wee bit scared to go hacksawing things off - is this what the dealers would do though to get spacesaver kit in??

Any ideas anyone

Fee x

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I doubt the dealers would be so abusive and mine is a QQ spare and this was the only way I could see to get it in. maybe a 4x4 owner can post pics of their boot and tray to see how it fits,
I know another member also had problems getting their spare to fit whilst retaining the tray
I am uncertain of the professional way to resolve it but mine worked for me.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
You're a brave man - doubt I would trust my hubby to do that - he'd do the wrong thing.....

Once again - looks like a costly visit to dealers to get the proper thing fitted by them... Oh how I hate giving them the money

Fee x

·
Registered
64 Posts
If you buy the right parts for the Juke (listed elsewhere on this forum) then you need no modifications to the tray & I would certainly not pay a dealer to fit. Last November when we needed a space saver for my wifes Juke I phoned 6 Nissan dealers before I found one that had everything I needed (wheel + tyre already fitted, jack, clamp etc). It was a 5 minute job to drop everything in place & clamp the wheel in.
Edited by: rochesb

1 - 20 of 28 Posts